• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking News

Suspected suicide bomber shot dead in Stockwell
    Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Oh dear

I hope they got it right, otherwise imagine the headlines

"South African backpacker shot dead while trying to get tube ticket out of rucksack"
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Eyewitness account (News 24)

Asian guy (Pakistani looking) wearing a thick coat was shot 5 five times by plain clothes police as he ran on train
      Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Armed Police surround mosque in East London - News 24
        Sola gratia

Sola fide

Soli Deo gloria

Comment

Originally posted by Chico
          Eyewitness account (News 24)

Asian guy (Pakistani looking) wearing a thick coat was shot 5 five times by plain clothes police as he ran on train
          Hopefully they based the decision to kill on a little more than an Asian guy wearing a big coat running to catch the train.
          Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Eyewitness Account

I saw Tube man shot - eyewitness
            A passenger has told how he saw armed police officers shoot a man on a Tube train at Stockwell.
            Mark Whitby said: "I was sitting on the train... I heard a load of noise, people saying, 'Get out, get down'.

"I saw an Asian guy. He ran on to the train, he was hotly pursued by three plain clothes officers, one of them was wielding a black handgun.

"He half tripped... they pushed him to the floor and basically unloaded five shots into him," he told BBC News 24.

"As [the suspect] got onto the train I looked at his face, he looked sort of left and right, but he basically looked like a cornered rabbit, a cornered fox.

"He looked absolutely petrified and then he sort of tripped, but they were hotly pursuing him, [they] couldn't have been any more than two or three feet behind him at this time and he half tripped and was half pushed to the floor and the policeman nearest to me had the black automatic pistol in his left hand.

"He held it down to the guy and unloaded five shots into him.

Heavy coat

"He had a baseball cap on and quite a sort of thickish coat - it was a coat you'd wear in winter, sort of like a padded jacket.
            "He might have had something concealed under there, I don't know. But it looked sort of out of place with the sort of weather we've been having, the sort of hot humid weather.

"He was largely built, he was quite a chubby sort of guy.

"I didn't see any guns or anything like that - I didn't see him carrying anything. I didn't even see a bag to be quite honest.

"I got into the ticket hall. I was approached by a policeman and London Underground staff asking me if I needed counselling.

"I was just basically saying I've just seen a man shot dead. I've seen a man shot dead. I was distraught, totally distraught. It was no less than five yards away from where I was sitting. I actually saw it with my own eyes."

Comment

Interesting. There was another eyewitness account on BBC New 24 about 30 minutes ago. It was quite different (guy ran onto the platform, was challenged twice by the police, he ignored them and carried on running, police warned passengers to get down and shot him) but didn't sound anywhere near as "exciting" so they stopped playing it.

Comment

It's a tough call to make. Get it wrong and you've taken the life of an innocent person.

Comment

Originally posted by WageSlave
                  It's a tough call to make. Get it wrong and you've taken the life of an innocent person.
                  Get it the other wrong and half the train and the policemen with the guns disapear in a cloud of smoke.
                  I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
                  Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    Get it the other wrong and half the train and the policemen with the guns disapear in a cloud of smoke.
                    Exactly, and only a few seconds to reach a decision. And that's why we really need intelligent, well trained police.

Comment

Working...
                    X