• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lifetime cost of a chav

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    One thing you neglect is the poor and hence chavs have a high propensity to spend all of their 'income' which bizzarely helps to keep the economy ticking over.

PS the kidnapper of Shannon Mathews was a computer programmer, anyone like to make some wild stereotypes about those individuals?
    I'm not knocking the poor, I'm due to become relatively poorer soon and living off state benefits myself.

PS. what language did he program in?
    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      PS the kidnapper of Shannon Mathews was a computer programmer, anyone like to make some wild stereotypes about those individuals?

Computer programming is about as widespread as operating a TV remote control. Just using Windows can be classed as programming, you see about the same number of error exceptions as us 'professionals'. In fact with my code, you see less.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
        What is really annoying is that they've given the once-reputable brand "Burberry" a bad name os that anyone seen wearing it is now automatically assumed to be chav
        Depends what it is and how its worn, i got my wife a Burberry belt which looks very nice on her and doesn't smack of chav.

On the other hand, burberry baseball cap (usually fake Burberry) is totally chav and wearers should be shot (or at least mocked) on sight.
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Our disincentivising society creates chavs. It is a chav factory. All those hard working migrants will be chavs too within a generation.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Our disincentivising society creates chavs. It is a chav factory. All those hard working migrants will be chavs too within a generation.
            Not sure I agree with you. There are lots of poor out there who aren't chavs, simply because they might be too old to fit into the chav "culture".

On the other hand I can think of at least a couple of celebrities who have £millions and have their own TV show who I would class as world-class chav.
            It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
              On the other hand I can think of at least a couple of celebrities who have £millions and have their own TV show who I would class as world-class chav.

It'll be an olympic sport for 2012 we're that desperate for medals.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                Contraceptive-injection linked benefits. It's the only way...
                Well that would be the first step Mein Fuhrer, I mean Mr OS, Zen ve build railroads from the council estates straight to ze, Camps!

Seriously though it goes deeper than just what they wear, it's actually fashionable now to be uneducated and aspire to sweet FA.

When I was growing up you didn't want to be associated with the slower kids at school, now they wear being thick like a badge of honor.
                Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post
                  When I was growing up you didn't want to be associated with the slower kids at school, now they wear being thick like a badge of honor.

That's the hare and tortoise race for you. The slow ones always win in the end.
                  Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by shelby68 View Post

Being outside the norm causes the problems as it always has. Be it a swot or a thicko or a goth, the herd don't like that they seek to be average. Now it's fashionable to dress chavy and sound like "I iz black", at a time when black people are trying to dismiss negative stereotypes, the white youth are actively embracing them.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by dude69 View Post
                      Age 18 to death (assume age 68 due to poor lifestyle choices):
                      Benefits @ £10k/year (housing benefit, council tax benefit, JSA, income support, etc.)

Probabaly closer to 40k a year with 7 kids.

I seem to remeber that Lizzie Bardsly was getting about 28k with 5 kids.

Comment

Working...
                      X