• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SE Asia (Thailand) question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spot on

Originally posted by tay View Post
    oh didums I touched a nerve. If you are going to dish it out, expect to take it.

Your 'travelling' cv isnt that impressive and sure as heck living in a few different countries doesnt make you a traveler.. and your lame saying of not knowing 'where you are going' making you a traveller.. get a grip. I always laugh a folks like you that I meet when I am away in various countries... take yourself so very seriously, when in reality you are just yet another tourist with delusions of being superior.
    Couldn't agree more! The old adage 'tourist vs traveller' ffs!

Comment

Surely the only thing that qualifies you as a traveller is living in a house with wheels?

Bloody pikeys.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

We went to Phuket for 2 weeks last year on our honeymoon....didn't need to take any malaria tablets as it's a low risk area but the nurse checked up on the web and told us that. I would definitly go there for a couple of nights. Loads of stuff to do for kids and adults and some things that kids can't do but adults can <WINK>. There are some nice areas and ruff areas so get on Trip advisor SNAW for Phuket and they will give you plent of ideas. I went on there and managed to get a name of a local on the island who did private boat tours around Phi Phi islands (where they filmed the Beach) where we could get out and swim and snorkel in crystal clear sea with the fished bumping into you. We also went on a tour of the james bond island (can't remember the name) We were thinking of going back this year but obviously found out a bit of news when returned the last night so are thinking of going back next year

Maybe do a night in Bangkok and stop over in singapore.
        Thats the way the cookie crumbles

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
          oh didums I touched a nerve. If you are going to dish it out, expect to take it.

Your 'travelling' cv isnt that impressive and sure as heck living in a few different countries doesnt make you a traveler.. and your lame saying of not knowing 'where you are going' making you a traveller.. get a grip. I always laugh a folks like you that I meet when I am away in various countries... take yourself so very seriously, when in reality you are just yet another tourist with delusions of being superior.
          I thought you were the one who took it? Keep em coming by all means, but step up the standard please. You're not very good.

Anyway, there's a difference between tourists and travellers. It's got nothing to do with taking yourself seriously and got everything to do with a state of mind. Which in essence is having a spirit of adventure when it comes to exploring and visiting new places. If you've lived that life for any period of time you'd know what I mean.

That doesn't make me superior to a tourist, just that we want different things when we travel. Many people are happy with two weeks on the costas sitting by the pool getting a suntan and getting pished every night. That's not my idea of a good time.

My travel CV is really irrelevant to the whole conversation, but for the record I'd say having spent a solid two of the past ten years travelling on 4 continents, in well over 50 countries some of which are pretty scary would compare well with most people.
          Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Anyway, enough of getting sucked into the negative bollocks, wasn't the intention of my thread. Cheers for the tips Cooper/notallthere/chef. Gives me something to work on.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post

Anyway, there's a difference between tourists and travellers. It's got nothing to do with taking yourself seriously and got everything to do with a state of mind. Which in essence is having a spirit of adventure when it comes to exploring and visiting new places. If you've lived that life for any period of time you'd know what I mean.
              Seriously you need to get a grip.
              You dont know what places I have been or how I did it, so stop preaching like some suburban Marco Polo

That doesn't make me superior to a tourist, just that we want different things when we travel. Many people are happy with two weeks on the costas sitting by the pool getting a suntan and getting pished every night. That's not my idea of a good time.
              You are a tourist. Deal with it.

My travel CV is really irrelevant to the whole conversation, but for the record I'd say having spent a solid two of the past ten years travelling on 4 continents, in well over 50 countries some of which are pretty scary would compare well with most people.
              Oh dear... looks like I have been to more continents and more countries. Your experience is just typically backpacking tourist, low budget tourist, but tourist none the less.

I am still laughing about your claim thats travellers dont know where they are going.. and you are claiming to be a travller .. on the same thread you are telling everyone where you are planning on going....
              There is nothig wrong with the way you have chosen to travel.. its the pompous way you claim to be a traveller and the superiority you try to claim from it. I met literally hundreds of people like you on my travels (as a tourist) and youall had the same smug misplaced attitude.

Comment

I think you just don't get it. That's fine by me, I could care less either way.

The thread is about me getting some advice for places off the beaten track in Thailand for me and my family (Or in some other country) on a stopover to Aus. Everything in context, you know. You can offer some advice, or have a go if that makes you feel good.

Comment

Originally posted by Turion View Post
                  Doesn't want 5* cos it costs don it!

Maybe he's just tight as ****. Many contractors are. They prefer to spend on sound investments like BTL/MTR.
                  Quite right too, I am tight as a nun's you-know-what.
                  And yes I have made a ton of cash on BTL, you loser
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Quite right too, I am tight as a nun's you-know-what.
                    And yes I have made a ton of cash on BTL, you loser
                    paper profits.

Better liquidate that flat above the kebab shop soon Sas
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Anyway, enough of getting sucked into the negative bollocks
                      Well that worked well.....

I think you just don't get it. That's fine by me, I could care less either way.

The thread is about me getting some advice for places off the beaten track in Thailand for me and my family (Or in some other country) on a stopover to Aus. Everything in context, you know. You can offer some advice, or have a go if that makes you feel good.
                      It started off that way .. and then turned into you looking like a prize prat telling everyone what a traveller you were.. and coming out with lame cliches.
                      Thats when I stepped in to put you back in your box... you suburban Marco Polo

Care to explain how you as a 'traveller' seem to know where you are going despite your claim that travellers dont know where they are going?

Comment

Working...
                      X