• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Theres no blody support JOBS!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unemployed View Post
    try being benched for 104 weeks
    You don't want to work... even I would have taken a bar job by week 52!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
      Tell me about it...

It's the same in the South West, I've been benched for 8 weeks now but the only roles I see are paying less than I have ever taken and that includes being a complete ‘noob’ 5 years back, I thought about doing numpty rollout work to keep going but even that is thin on the ground.

I just feel disillusioned by it all these days.

i now have a small contract which finishes in 2 weeks; rubbish IT ADMIN - setting up 2000 odd SAP accounts and a few Roles which is soo MUNDANE it is unbelievable!

Im looking at anything at the moment to keep me going and hoping the company budgets are set free in the new financial year to employ me and pay my bills! there are a few rollout positions out there but it seems like their are plenty in my shoes who are looking and they are all flooding the agencies with CV's.

Do you ever get that sinking feeling when you wonder what the benefits of contracting are any more!!

It doesnt help when the agencies ring you tryin to get a peek of your ................ "I might have a position for you but i NEED TWO REFEREES........ so i dont have to talk to you anymore and can tout for business at all your previous contracts!"

LOVE IT!!!

Comment

try being benched for 104 weeks
        You are what's known in the trade as a "lazy bastard".

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
          You don't want to work... even I would have taken a bar job by week 52!
          No i just refuse to work for crap , however long it takes.
          Pity no one else thinks like this as house prices would be acceptable and wages would be brilliant.

Comment

Pity no one else thinks like this as house prices would be acceptable and wages would be brilliant.
            so who pays for your broadband connection so you can S1t on you all day?

Comment

Originally posted by jonny7_2002 View Post
              Is it just me (more than likely) or are there hardly any 2nd/3rd Line IT support Contracts about?
              It's because the quality of programming has got so high, what with all the offshoring, so there's nothing for you to support.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

so who pays for your broadband connection so you can S1t on you all day?

Me of course

Comment

I'm with you on that but I can only last so long or all the hard work of financially elevating myself above a permie gets undone, one minute its all skiing holidays and Porsches the next its Butlins and buses.
                  Last edited by gingerjedi; 31 March 2008, 14:02.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

HTH??? what does that mean? sorry im a bit slow (maybe thats why i cant find many contracts! )
                    Hope that helps.

HTH
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

If it really is that bad out there I might have to convert to permie status and take that £60k job

Comment

Working...
                      X