• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Really torn about a house I have seen.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    FFS Wilmslow, parking a car in front of his drive isn't going to solve the problem. It's time to escalate;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/n...re/6517073.stm
    Believe me, if I was to not get caught I would love to blow him up, nevermind just the house!

I would be parking outside of my own house, not the house I have the problem with. The reason being, he parks outside my house when there is no need to, if only he used his driveway!

Some people deserve to be firebombed.

Comment

I dunno what's up with you guys, my neighbours have always seemed quite nice.

And what is wrong with students: at one place I lived the students next door were really quite nice, always inviting me round for dinner, although she and her friends used to sunbathe topless, which was really quite distracting, as I do like to garden, but it was remakably good garden at that house, anyways I digress.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
        I dunno what's up with you guys, my neighbours have always seemed quite nice.

.... although she and her friends used to sunbathe topless, which was really quite distracting, as I do like to garden, but it was remakably good garden at that house, anyways I digress.
        Lady Gardening is the way forward.....

all the other neighbours where I am are really lovely people. Just the Italian looney tune from hell with his vans and chav mates that give us the grief!

We also get dodgy vans and blackened out 4X4's coming and going at all hours just to spice things up a little more. Not good.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          ........ (previous houses were semi and semi-detached).

Eh? What's the difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            One is semi-attached and the other is semi-detached. HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              A semi has a house attached either side (also known as a town house or terrace).

A semi-detached is detached on one side (so you only have chavs on the one side)
              Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Think I have made my decision.

Going for two options:

1. Really nice sought after area in South Wilmslow. Link detached as a garage either side, but the house itself is perfect size and beautifully presented. Around £270K, plus stamp duty.
                2. In summerfields, a housing estate from the early 90’s. 4 bedder in a nice quiet peaceful close area, mock tudor. (Yes, I know!). Cracking house for the money as needs modernising, I would live in one room and get the other painted and carpeted one at a time. With leaving work at 3:30 I would be back for 4:30, so have the time in the evening for doing it up. This is £275K, agent reckons I should steal for £260K.

Getting a second viewing on them all on Saturday.

12 year mortgage for 140K is within affordability, but, on 45K permie with £80 diesel bill I am wondering if I am pushing too far.

Still considering going for the smaller £140K house and work to be mortage free in three years as a thought…..

Really torn, three good options there. Kind of favouring the 4 bedder needing work - if the bills get a problem in a 4 bedder could always rent two rooms!! (Babes only mind you……)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                  In summerfields, a housing estate from the early 90’s. 4 bedder in a nice quiet peaceful close area, mock tudor. (Yes, I know!). Cracking house for the money as needs modernising, I would live in one room and get the other painted and carpeted one at a time. With leaving work at 3:30 I would be back for 4:30, so have the time in the evening for doing it up. This is £275K, agent reckons I should steal for £260K.
                  <<canned laughter>>

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    <<canned laughter>>
                    260K is CHEAP in this area for a 4 bed detached!! As in, would be well over £300K if not needing modernising. Which is just time, paint and carpets in the main.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
                      A semi has a house attached either side (also known as a town house or terrace).

A semi-detached is detached on one side (so you only have chavs on the one side)
                      News to me - I've always known a place attached at both ends as a terraced or town house (or "charming artisans cottage" in London) - surely semi can only really apply to house that's only joined at one side?

Comment

Working...
                      X