• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pound weaker against Euro?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferret
    There is a rude word filter on the site now that changes some swear words. It is quite amusing in some ways, annoying in others.
    Some linguists reckon the need to replace taboo words, obviously an old phenomenon, has been a major driver of language evolution in the past.

And it's not just naughty words - In african tribes like the Zulus, when the chief or one of his wives died everyone was forbidden on pain of death from uttering their names or even any word that sounded vaguely like them. That must have led to a lot of inventive alternatives, some of which must have stuck long after the reason for using them had been forgotten.

Comment

The pound has dropped further, another 0.5%.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        The pound has dropped further, another 0.5%.
        Darn it, I could have waited a few more days before ordering those parts from England.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
          Darn it, I could have waited a few more days before ordering those parts from England.
          Not body parts I hope old chap...

Comment

Working...
          X