• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NLP - BS or Psycological Skills for Influencing People?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Hey that was nothing to do with me!
    I just complained about a counting thread in general and the admins decided they had had enough.
    Can't say I blame 'em much ...
    The counting thread was in LR though.
    And I have had enough of rubbish posts in general - atw has about 90% - still I suppose it gives you plenty of material to reply to.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      At one of the courses I did when I were but a lad just out of school, they taught us about how to get people to do stuff they really would prefer not to.
      So you worked at that school in Jersey?

I'll get me coat
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        So you worked at that school in Jersey?

I'll get me coat
        Who's got first dibbs on calling the Daily Mail editors' desk?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          Who's got first dibbs on calling the Daily Mail editors' desk?
          Isn't your sig something to do with Soya Beans?
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

[...]
            Nice to see bogey's got himself cleaned up at long last. Changed from a scruffy unshaven old git into a fresh-faced determined-looking member of society. Nice hat too!

I *knew* your avatar was really you !

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Nice to see bogey's got himself cleaned up at long last. Changed from a scruffy unshaven old git into a fresh-faced determined-looking member of society. Nice hat too!

Turned avatars on briefly to have a look. Was expecting W Buffett.

Comment

I thought it might freak out AtW. And put that fercking pipe out!

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I thought it might freak out AtW.
                  You mean now that he knows your true identity?

Comment

Anyone here "into" NLP ?

I'd be interested in your view as to whether its bulltulip, or a valuable people skill.
                    It's all a load of tosh.

You need to master the ancient arts.

These aren't the droids you are looking for...

Obi Wan 'Threaded' Kenobi

Comment

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X