• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NLP - BS or Psycological Skills for Influencing People?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.

what have you been drinking?
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      what have you been drinking?
      Pommery, apparently.

Good stuff, judging by the results.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Will NLP keep you married?
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I doubt it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Only 1 thing will stop divorce. not getting married.

Luckily for most women most men are too stupid(or busy reading the sun) to see what a bad bad deal marriage is for men.

Neither of my sons will ever marry. But I will marry my daughter of to some rich idiot who she can then take to the cleaners.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Only 1 thing will stop divorce. not getting married.

Neither of my sons will ever marry.
              Jesus, so your sons destiny is dictated by your marriage experience.'

FFS, you really need help.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                Jesus, so your sons destiny is dictated by your marriage experience.'

FFS, you really need help.
                err - and that of my daughter!

Come on - did you really believe me?

Seriously, I never discuss the divorce with the kids and I try hard to be nice about their mother (though it is hard to finf her good points - the kids always say how much they hate her).

It is my job to raise them to 18 - after that they are on their own.

I do generally promote the cause that marriage is v v v bad for men - I doubt the kids will take much notice of me.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  err - and that of my daughter!

Come on - did you really believe me?

Seriously, I never discuss the divorce with the kids and I try hard to be nice about their mother (though it is hard to finf her good points - the kids always say how much they hate her).

It is my job to raise them to 18 - after that they are on their own.

I do generally promote the cause that marriage is v v v bad for men - I doubt the kids will take much notice of me.
                  Some men BP.

Mine has been wonderful. Thirty years of bliss.
                  Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                    Some men BP.

Mine has been wonderful. Thirty years of bliss.
                    Not for your poor wife!

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      I am now on page 100 out of 210. Very interesting. Main lessons so far :-

Focus on outcomes not problems
                      Ask how rather than why
                      Get feedback not failure
                      Look at possibilities not necessities
                      Do not use but use and

There is also stuff on mirroring and perception changing. I looked at changing my perception of my divorce - but seems my issues are too deep rooted so need to be treated as a phobia. I have to wait until chapter 8 to be cured....

Comment

Working...
                      X