• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What kind of twat...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    I'm a staffer.

Is that another term for permie? Even so, you'll only be safe from the next set of redundancies if you're a director. Unless they all drive Ferraris and look down on Audis as the chav end of the prestige market.

Insurance details.
    £549 - 3K miles per year. £850 excess.

Not a bad premium. I guess you're a lot older than you look!

No wonder you're getting it delivered to work. You'll have to leave it there and just take it for a spin around the car park (with a suitably fit secretary in the passenger seat) at lunch times.

I don't understand people that buy a decent/flash car and only drive it a few thousand miles a year. It's like having a supermodel girlfriend and letting her sleep in pyjamas.

I once bought a brand-spank Lotus and put 11k miles on it in 7 months. Then again it was probably a lot more fun to drive than a stretched TT, which is going to be little more than garage jewellery by the looks of the mileage restriction.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Wow that is some motor

The mid-mounted, high revving V8 4.2 FSI engine delivers 0-62mph in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 187mph. quattro® permanent four-wheel-drive distributes power when and where you need it. And the breathtaking design is recognisable the moment it appears in a rear view mirror
      www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        Not sure about those LEDs for sidelights

Yeah saw a new A4 with those day-running lights. I guess Audi got jealous of BMW owners driving with their fogs on all the time, or they've got a Volvo enthusiast on the design team.

Either way, it looks a bit tacky. Something you'd expect the McDonalds massive to bling up their corsa with.
        Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

I take that back - the £78K price tag is way too much to pay for a car
          www.stormtrack.co.uk - My Stormchasing website.

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
            0-62mph in 4.6 seconds and a top speed of 187mph.

Don't forget the 0-3000 miles in under 12 months.

Unless churchy is pulling the old tactic of saying one mileage figure to the insurers, then driving another. Sadly this doesn't really work in a new car as they tend to have easily checkable delivery mileage only.
            Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
              I take that back - the £78K price tag is way too much to pay for a car
              £78k if you don't want seats or paint or a steering wheel...

Comment

It's an R8.
                WERE NOT WORTHY!!!! WERE NOT WORTHY!!!

I to am getting my car delivered to work to-day...... However it's a 6 year old boxster just back from the bodyshop after 4 weeks repairs due to my burd jumping off the loud pedal going into a bend.... DAFT TART!!

however I may just be only slightly less excited than you as the car I've been using is a 1.4 P Reg Polo with peeling paint all over the car and as it's been to cold to scare my harley out the garage my ego has taken a dent. I hated this boxster before the smash but I soooo Can't wait to get her back... Welcome home honey!!

P.S. can you tell me what you do so I can cross train into it to enable me to purchase an R8

Sincerely The Shallow one

Comment

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
                  WERE NOT WORTHY!!!! WERE NOT WORTHY!!!

I to am getting my car delivered to work to-day...... However it's a 6 year old boxster just back from the bodyshop after 4 weeks repairs due to my burd jumping off the loud pedal going into a bend.... DAFT TART!!

however I may just be only slightly less excited than you as the car I've been using is a 1.4 P Reg Polo with peeling paint all over the car and as it's been to cold to scare my harley out the garage my ego has taken a dent. I hated this boxster before the smash but I soooo Can't wait to get her back... Welcome home honey!!

P.S. can you tell me what you do so I can cross train into it to enable me to purchase an R8

Sincerely The Shallow one
                  I am an English grammar teacher which leaves you screwed.

Churchill.

Comment

[QUOTE=PAH;499803
                    I don't understand people that buy a decent/flash car and only drive it a few thousand miles a year. [/QUOTE]

DEPRECIATION is the reason matey. I know it sounds daft but it you run these cars everyday they drop like a stone it does not matter who makes it.

For example the latest 911 Turbo the average mileage these cars are listed as doing in the Glasses guide per year is 2,500 anything more and your in trouble.

A friend of a friend purchased an Aston Vanquish new I think they were £200K new or something after a year of ownership he'd lost £69K.

I suppose you could say well if you can afford one etc, etc but thats a lot of money to lose in a year.

GOD!!! I wish it was me

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      I am an English grammar teacher which leaves you screwed.

Churchill.
                      Trust me if it gets me an R8 you'd be amazed how much I'd improv

Comment

Working...
                      X