• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is she spoilt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Thing is men who have half a brain are not exactly common either. Sadly, nor are men who aren't disillusioned either.
    Agreed. Generally blokes who are as amazing as me are like fecking gold dust.

I'm currently worth over $1000 per troy oz and I'm a lot of troy oz

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
      while out bimbling through the centre of Manchester yesterday, the wife drags me in to the Radley shop (handbags for those that dont or didnt know what it was either...).

she spies a bag she fancies, and gives me the puppy eyes. it turns out this bag is limited edition (means it costs more than the normal ones), one of only 250. they apparently do this every year.

She looks at me and wants one! i tell her if she wants one, get one. its pointless arguing, she'll only sulk.

now, the day passes, she stops me buying a PS3 (at a cheaper cost than this bag!!!) cos i have a 360 and a wii. i make tea and generally do all the bits. i was feeling good yesterday and thought i would be nice.

anyway, we go to bed. she wanders to bathroom as i get in the pit, and the next thing i realise, she has PJs on... this is odd as i know its not that time of the month (she is at least talking to me!). she rolls over, and goes to sleep. i get nothing. no kiss, no goodnight. i buy her a handbag and look after her, but i get nothing.

What am i doing wrong? it wasnt that long since the time i would 'get' something in return without me asking.

i think she has got used to getting what she wants. 7 years of being together with the last 4 being married, i think she has become complacent. what should i do? (other than go out and get the PS3 today with telling her! )

I'll never understand women, but then i also think i'm going to stop buying her things. i'm not sure i even got a verbal thank you, but she did smile.
      Actually mr scooby, you should be grateful wife doesn't like bottega veneta bags... www.bottegaveneta.com ! radley is a bit horrid, i have to say.

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
        count their legs.
        Originally posted by AtW View Post
        And if it's more than two then pull one off...
        That could be taken in entirely the wrong context AtW....
        Oh, I’m sorry….I seem to be lost. I was looking for the sane side of town. I’d ask you for directions, but I have a feeling you’ve never been there and I’d be wasting my time.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
          Next time I see you I am going to smack you for that.

Jealousy is an ugly thing. Dont be jealous.. you can have her.. I sure as tulip dont want her.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
            Jealousy is an ugly thing. Dont be jealous.. you can have her.. I sure as tulip dont want her.

It was more for using the L word. But its nice to see your playing hard to get.

Comment

Oh Dear!
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Too many shoes?
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I think women claim to like the 'thoughtful' (wimpy) type of man who will allow themselves to be walked all over but in my experience its not true.

Three good sets of friends of ours divorced, 2 in the past year. All of them had men who provided everything their wives could have wished for, in fact everything that BI described in his post at the top of this thread. Where did it get them? They end up with the wives 'bored'.

In the two most recent divorces, the women are now in 'relationships' with men who treat them like dirt, treatment they would never have accepted from their former husbands.

I've been married for 27 years and although I don't treat my wife like that I also don't allow myself to be walked over. There should be some equality in all relationships otherwise it won't work.

Forget what women tell you they want, the reality is different.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                    I think women claim to like the 'thoughtful' (wimpy) type of man who will allow themselves to be walked all over but in my experience its not true.

Three good sets of friends of ours divorced, 2 in the past year. All of them had men who provided everything their wives could have wished for, in fact everything that BI described in his post at the top of this thread. Where did it get them? They end up with the wives 'bored'.

In the two most recent divorces, the women are now in 'relationships' with men who treat them like dirt, treatment they would never have accepted from their former husbands.

I've been married for 27 years and although I don't treat my wife like that I also don't allow myself to be walked over. There should be some equality in all relationships otherwise it won't work.

Agree totally.

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post

hear hear.

I tried to help out the gf over the weekend by doing some washing. She is whining about it. maybe I should just have gone to the pub...

Comment

Working...
                      X