• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

She just couldn't wait to spend it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One has got 25 million quid, is a bit wobbly and ****s old people with lots of savings.

The other ones a building society.
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
      What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One has got 25 million quid, is a bit wobbly and ****s old people with lots of savings.

The other ones a building society.
      You could be on the radio with material like that.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
        You could be on the radio with material like that.
        He is rather good, isn't he.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          The night before the judgement Macca was about to sign an agreement for 55million pounds to shut her up. His legal representative managed to argue the case with him that the judge was very likely to agree to much less than that sum.
          So, Heather actually lost out on another 30 million at the last minute. That must really hurt her and could well be the reason she gave the lawyer a 'baptism in court' with a jug of water.
          I thought any deal with macca included a gagging order? How much is Heather's story worth? I dont care but there are alot who do.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            Why?

I thought my post would have been met with some agreement from men who clearly aren't happy with the current justice system and how it seems to favour women. Sometimes unbelievably so.
            Your comments were "Why are the powers that be not interested in changing the divorce laws? Especially when most of them are men and are likely to have close experience of being stung by a gold-digger or complete bitch."

As SueEllen has said 25% are women f4j. are striving for equality and that the interests of the child should come first.

The law is fine - it is getting the 1989/1996 Children Act implemented which is the issue.

Interstingly I have got the best results in court from female judges! They expect women to work and not just look after children - which is what the male judges think.

Of couse while women do not have equality in the workplace men will not get equality in the home.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Interstingly I have got the best results in court from female judges! They expect women to work and not just look after children - which is what the male judges think.
              Personally I'm not surprised. Think how difficult it would be to be a female judge particularly if you have children. The lawyers I know work stupid hours.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                As SueEllen has said 25% are women f4j. are striving for equality and that the interests of the child should come first.

The law is fine - it is getting the 1989/1996 Children Act implemented which is the issue.

Ok, this is a rare occasion: I apologise.

Was commenting as someone who has no first-hand experience so bound to be a bit out of touch with reality.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                X