• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "She just couldn't wait to spend it..."

Collapse

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As SueEllen has said 25% are women f4j. are striving for equality and that the interests of the child should come first.

The law is fine - it is getting the 1989/1996 Children Act implemented which is the issue.

Ok, this is a rare occasion: I apologise.

Was commenting as someone who has no first-hand experience so bound to be a bit out of touch with reality.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Interstingly I have got the best results in court from female judges! They expect women to work and not just look after children - which is what the male judges think.
    Personally I'm not surprised. Think how difficult it would be to be a female judge particularly if you have children. The lawyers I know work stupid hours.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Why?

I thought my post would have been met with some agreement from men who clearly aren't happy with the current justice system and how it seems to favour women. Sometimes unbelievably so.
    Your comments were "Why are the powers that be not interested in changing the divorce laws? Especially when most of them are men and are likely to have close experience of being stung by a gold-digger or complete bitch."

As SueEllen has said 25% are women f4j. are striving for equality and that the interests of the child should come first.

The law is fine - it is getting the 1989/1996 Children Act implemented which is the issue.

Interstingly I have got the best results in court from female judges! They expect women to work and not just look after children - which is what the male judges think.

Of couse while women do not have equality in the workplace men will not get equality in the home.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    The night before the judgement Macca was about to sign an agreement for 55million pounds to shut her up. His legal representative managed to argue the case with him that the judge was very likely to agree to much less than that sum.
    So, Heather actually lost out on another 30 million at the last minute. That must really hurt her and could well be the reason she gave the lawyer a 'baptism in court' with a jug of water.
    I thought any deal with macca included a gagging order? How much is Heather's story worth? I dont care but there are alot who do.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    You could be on the radio with material like that.
    He is rather good, isn't he.

Leave a comment:

• bogeyman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One has got 25 million quid, is a bit wobbly and ****s old people with lots of savings.

The other ones a building society.
    You could be on the radio with material like that.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What's the difference between Heather Mills and Northern Rock?

One has got 25 million quid, is a bit wobbly and ****s old people with lots of savings.

The other ones a building society.

Leave a comment:

• Cyberman
    replied
    Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    Is it just me that finds the fact that she ended up with £24 Million, despite the fact the judge said she was a compulsive liar and not at all deserving, sickening?

The night before the judgement Macca was about to sign an agreement for 55million pounds to shut her up. His legal representative managed to argue the case with him that the judge was very likely to agree to much less than that sum.
    So, Heather actually lost out on another 30 million at the last minute. That must really hurt her and could well be the reason she gave the lawyer a 'baptism in court' with a jug of water.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    That's unfair for long marriages. In LA I think they have something where if you are married under 10 years then pre-nups count after that it is a 50-50 split. Obviously it means the richer partner if s/he is getting itchy feet files for divorce in year 9.

Maybe that's where the seven year itch originated from.

Yeah, not many true gold-diggers would stick around for that long unless they were happy with the meal ticket, or married a much older bloke/bird and hoped they'd pop their clogs sooner than later.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Yeah, I can see how paying maintenance to an ex-partner can be somewhat frustrating, especially if you feel they are taking you for a ride rather than being fair and pulling their weight.

Maybe a fairer system would be an automatic pre-nuptial agreement if both partners cannot bring an equal share to a marriage.
    That's unfair for long marriages. In LA I think they have something where if you are married under 10 years then pre-nups count after that it is a 50-50 split. Obviously it means the richer partner if s/he is getting itchy feet files for divorce in year 9.

Leave a comment:

• PAH
    replied
    That way fathers would pay for their offspring and know that they are not paying maintenance for their ex-partner, as she is expected to get a job.

Yeah, I can see how paying maintenance to an ex-partner can be somewhat frustrating, especially if you feel they are taking you for a ride rather than being fair and pulling their weight.

Maybe a fairer system would be an automatic pre-nuptial agreement if both partners cannot bring an equal share to a marriage.
    Last edited by PAH; 20 March 2008, 16:43.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    F4J
    Sorry.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    25% of FFJ members are women.

And there are women on this board and a few women professionals I know who if they end up divorced are likely to lose out similarly to men.
    F4J

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Why?

I thought my post would have been met with some agreement from men who clearly aren't happy with the current justice system and how it seems to favour women. Sometimes unbelievably so.
    25% of FFJ members are women.

And there are women on this board and a few women professionals I know who if they end up divorced are likely to lose out similarly to men.

Anyway I wish sometimes this country was more like Scandinavian countries where you were not expected to be married to have children. (One thing I dislike about the Tories.) That way fathers would pay for their offspring and know that they are not paying maintenance for their ex-partner, as she is expected to get a job.

Leave a comment:

• Diver
    replied
    Originally posted by Money Money Money View Post
    Apparently, as well as the money he offered to buy her a plane...

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    and some hair removal cream for the other leg!!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X