• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous haters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post
    Didn't you tell us a month or two back that lots of Danish drivers try and knock you off your bike because they're so jealous of someone with such a fine machine compared with their carpy cars.

I seem to recall you said one drove half way across a field to try and get you, and you had to vault over a fence to get away nearly diving headlong into a canal in the process.

Or am I thinking of someone else?

It's cos he's an immigrant stealing their jobs.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      Blimey that's interesting. I thought that the scandies were mostly all very grown up and sorted.
      Yes, that is the propaganda they kid themselves with.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
        Didn't you tell us a month or two back that lots of Danish drivers try and knock you off your bike because they're so jealous of someone with such a fine machine compared with their carpy cars.

I seem to recall you said one drove half way across a field to try and get you, and you had to vault over a fence to get away nearly diving headlong into a canal in the process.

Or am I thinking of someone else?
        I did say 'mostly', yes you do get the odd one who gets so enraged they can't control themselves and they go beserk.

Another fine old Danish word that's wound it's way into English: 'beserker'.

Comment

Hun går bersærk, når hun finder ud af det.

Comment

I don't get that at all. But then, maybe it's because I am a people person and you may not be...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

You do get the old green eyed monster rearing its head, luckily it only happened to me rarely.
              You are absolutely spot on though, treat them with fairness and respect, no matter what. Keep your integrity

I had a weird interlude at GSK about 10 years ago. In a Developer/user meeting, the users asked if x was possible and how long it would take, so I said 2 days plus user testing (I actually thought it was a days work).

The permie developer, who I was due to hand over to , exploded. In the meeting. With the users. He shouted 'You cant just say glibly two days. You just cant say that' So I made fkin sure I delivered in half a day, heh heh.

That was a sort of jealousy I guess, it takes many forms.
              fck em, fck em all

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Nowt as queer as folk.

I concur with it being the 'local people' permies who are the worst for it, it amazes me how limited a persons experience of the world can be.

To be honest the happy feeling I get when roaring away from a client site at the end of the last day has a lot to do with picturing those types of permies still stuck there looking glum.

Thanks for the money guys, keep at it, there might be a 4% rise in it for you

Comment

Originally posted by shoes View Post
                  Nowt as queer as folk.

I concur with it being the 'local people' permies who are the worst for it, it amazes me how limited a persons experience of the world can be.

To be honest the happy feeling I get when roaring away from a client site at the end of the last day has a lot to do with picturing those types of permies still stuck there looking glum.

Thanks for the money guys, keep at it, there might be a 4% rise in it for you

2%

After all inflation is only 2%
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

or 1.9% if you are a Police Officer.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7129957.stm
                    The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Can't say I've ever experienced it myself. I wear t-shirts and black trousers, sensible black shoes, never show off or brag and just get on with it.

If the permies need help, I help them, and sometimes let them claim credit for some of my ideas.

The trick is to fit in, not show off, brag about expensive holidays, cars or houses.

Not everyone can aspire to being successful, so there is no point in rubbing other people's noses in it.
                      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
                      X