• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jealous haters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marina View Post

I'm sure I heard some muffled anguished screams receding into the distance, but hopefully too far away before anyone could get my number
    You only have to worry about the police being around if you do that.

They ignore anyone else's complaints.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Wo cares? Why did you even bother to stop and talk to the little turd?

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
        Was there a big puddle in the road by the bus stop?

Same thing happened to me in central London, bombing down Picadilly one rainy evening, straight into a giant puddle which caused a huge sheet of water to rear up like a seafront breaker in a force ten gale, and drench everyone at the bus stop.

I'm sure I heard some muffled anguished screams receding into the distance, but hopefully too far away before anyone could get my number
        I do that deliberately, wifey hates going out in the rain with me
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I don’t get much of that but I know what you mean.

A lot of people with nothing like to blame the rest of the world/society/the system for their problems and lack of what they want out of life.

I firmly believe that our circumstances are a result of the choices we make and actions we carry out. I could still be a wingeing permie on shyte money and no reason to smile. I could be working in McDonalds or even just signing on and spongeing off everyone else.

But like you I chose not to and now enjoy a lifestyle that is a result of choices, actions and risks. People that are unhappy in their situation but won’t accept responsibility for the choices they’ve made to get them in that situation need a wake up call.

Life’s too short to wait for everything to fall in your lap then blame it on everyone else when it doesn’t.

Resenting successful and affluent people is a sure fire way to staying in the poor house as well – like attracts like. If what you’re doing isn’t working out for you then do something else and find out what other people do who are in the situation you want to be in.

With the amount of information and training so readily available there is absolutely no excuse not to get your arse in gear
          Last edited by Jog On; 12 March 2008, 15:06.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I guess having the personalised plate TAX 3 doesn't help matters.

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
              So as IT bods we all bring home a decent amount.

Do you ever get anyone being jealous?

I have one particular acquaintance who just despises me. I have been nothing but nice and civil to the guy but everytime I meet him the jealousy and bitterness just pours out.

Like everyone I would never talk about my salary but with the place you live, the car you drive, the lifestyle you lead some things are obvious.

Bumped in to this guy in the street the other day. Gave him a cheery hello. He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw me. During a perfunctory 2 minute conversation, with me just making polite remarks, he managed to fit in the fact that he was "skint as usual" almost as it it was an accusation against me.

He could be an alright bloke if he wasn't so bitter.
              The face that you think people would be jealous of you being an IT contracto could be a reason. We're hardly houehold names or permiership footballers!

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
                So as IT bods we all bring home a decent amount.

Do you ever get anyone being jealous?

I have one particular acquaintance who just despises me. I have been nothing but nice and civil to the guy but everytime I meet him the jealousy and bitterness just pours out.

Like everyone I would never talk about my salary but with the place you live, the car you drive, the lifestyle you lead some things are obvious.

Bumped in to this guy in the street the other day. Gave him a cheery hello. He rolled his eyes as soon as he saw me. During a perfunctory 2 minute conversation, with me just making polite remarks, he managed to fit in the fact that he was "skint as usual" almost as it it was an accusation against me.

He could be an alright bloke if he wasn't so bitter.

That's just some people for you I'm afraid! Don't feel bad that you are a nice person and treat him with respect but get nothing back, think of it as his punishment in life for being this way and you can rise above it and continue to be a nice person regardless of his own personal attitude problem.
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

Funny thing is I do some volunteering down at a local community music/arts venue. Working behind the bar and stewarding stuff.

I'll chat to a lot of the folk there and a fair few of them are unemployed or working in low paid jobs. You never get a hint of bitterness from them because they are getting involved in interesting stuff. Doing something intereting and cool with their lives.

I may be the highly paid computer geek but I have to ask guy who happens to be unemployed and is in charge of the event that night what to do. He is helping me out when I mess up, etc.

I think if people have some value in their lives then they have a better outlook on life.

I have mates who are directors in investment banks earning loads more than I am (at the moment) and I say fair play to them.
                  Last edited by DieScum; 12 March 2008, 15:14. Reason: typos

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    I get contractors who hate me for earning more than them, with fat banking benefits and bonuses to boot, while sitting in my office doing nothing (i.e. strategising). They also hate that I have power over their lives as I can renew or sack them at will.
                    You are sick puppy, I don't even want to think what "renew" means in this context

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                      The face that you think people would be jealous of you being an IT contracto could be a reason. We're hardly houehold names or permiership footballers!
                      Disturbingly, and if that statement were in English, I might find myself agreeing with it.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X