• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budget and BTL

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
    You forgot the lawnmower!

Bah! Call yourself a pro!
    We cut the grass and carry out general outside maintainence.

Fence & shed treatment, gutter & drain clearance etc
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      We cut the grass and carry out general outside maintainence.

Fence & shed treatment, gutter & drain clearance etc
      Blimey! I get the agency to do maintenance but the tenants can blooming well cut the grass themselves.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Blimey! I get the agency to do maintenance but the tenants can blooming well cut the grass themselves.
        Doing it yourself means that it's done properly and fences, sheds etc aren't rotting away and gutters & drains overflowing causing damp and damage.
        It also means that you keep a close eye on your investments.

Comment

Doing it yourself means that it's done properly and fences, sheds etc aren't rotting away and gutters & drains overflowing causing damp and damage.
          It also means that you keep a close eye on your investments.
          I don't have time for that. I get a report every 6 months on my props and occasionally drop by unannounced to check. No problems in 12 years.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

I don't have time for that. I get a report every 6 months on my props and occasionally drop by unannounced to check. No problems in 12 years.
            Do you still carry out home improvement on your properties?

I have a bricklayer building a new wall next week at the property I leased out last night. just to make the property look even nicer. (+ more marketable)

Comment

Do you still carry out home improvement on your properties?

I have a bricklayer building a new wall next week at the property I leased out last night. just to make the property look even nicer. (+ more marketable)
              Yep. Just knocked down an old detached garage and built a new one with a sort of granny-annex space over it.

You have to play the long game. It's no good thinking of housing as short-term assets.

Comment

Yep. Just knocked down an old detached garage and built a new one with a sort of granny-annex space over it.

You have to play the long game. It's no good thinking of housing as short-term assets.
                I don't want to be doing BTL forever, there is a time to sell up and retire completely.

Preferably somewhere warm

Comment

Preferably somewhere warm
                  Morriston Hospital?
                  Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Morriston Hospital?
                    Thank you for your invaluable input Bear

With my track record, my retirement will be close to a good hospital though

Comment

Thank you for your invaluable input Bear

With my track record, my retirement will be close to a good hospital though

Reading the thread with interest - trying to learn something useful for the future.

I have 1 BTL currently
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X