• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Expensive cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roadster198 View Post
    You know there is something wrong FFS when the watch you've got on your wrist cost's more than 5 times the car
    you driving........
    I wear a digital watch I was given as a 13th birthday present, in 1984.

So no, I don't have that issue.

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

maybe we need an expensive watches poll?

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
        maybe we need an expensive watches poll?
        Does using your phone count?

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
          I wear a digital watch I was given as a 13th birthday present, in 1984.

So no, I don't have that issue.

Bet it's cost you the same as my watch in batteries though over the years

Comment

ford ka. runabout for shopping. 02 reg bought 3 years ago (when just out of manuf warranty) with 6k miles on clock.
            3 MOT's passed without fault. Bought 2 new tyres and a new windscreen wiper blade.
            It's like a go-cart so I can service it myself.
            bought for just under 4k, now worth just under 2k.
            Wife was recently thinking about getting shut for a C180 Kompressor, until I politely explained this would be an anchor around our necks.
            We'll probably buy a feista for the bigger boot.
            Glam eh?

Comment

I drive a company car and pay a small fortune in BIK!!!

But at weekends!!!

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Spot on there! When I first took a car over to Denmark I parked up and all of a sudden loads of youngsters appeared like from nowhere. I was, like, sheet gotta get the car out of here sharpish, when the kids started asking questions like what do I do, what did I study hardest at school, stuff like that. Freaked me out for a moment 'coz knee-jerk reaction was they were taking the p1ss.

But they weren't, they appreciated a car like that takes an awful lot of work over an extended period, quite an eye-opener for what the UK had become I can tell you.
                Agree - quite a difference cross the waters. I love driving in Europe - even in Romania mixing it with loonies leaning out of customised trabants.

Been quite lucky with this TVR - only broke down once when the clutch plate disintegrated in the New Forest and when I left my lights on. Did fail the MOT this year as the handbrake needed adjusting and a blub had gone although I no longer use it everyday for work like I did many years ago.

The Griff was far more unreliable - always overheating, various electrical problems and buttons kept popping off. Made a nice noise in tunnels though - can't beat a 5.0 litre V8 pumping 320bhp through a de-baffled sports exhaust. Woof woof!
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                X