• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hobbies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
    So what helpline is it that you 'help' on?
    suicide helpline
    hth

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Visit contractor websites when I should be cutting some chipboard.

Penny still not dropped, i may send you my real email adress if you could be trusted!

Comment

Originally posted by DieScum View Post
        What hobbies do you guys have?

snip

So what kind of stuff do you do/can you recommend? Just looking for some interesting stuff to fill the new found free time and enjoy life.
        I've just started making furniture, very satisfying. (and lots of new power tools)

Comment

Airsoft - ideal for wadded IT contractors to get off their fat arses and play soldiers with cool guns and get some seriously needed fresh air, exercise and adrenaline.

Paintball for grown-ups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airsoft

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
            Penny still not dropped, i may send you my real email adress if you could be trusted!
            To what end?

Whatever SASGuru says, I'm not gay.

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              Spending 3 hours a day on the motorway does not give me much time - mind you, I could spot Eddie Stobbart lorries!

When time permits I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline. Really reccomend this as a way to enjoy a hobby, and gain good people skills that can help with work.
              lord it over people worse off than you.

come up with interesting new excuses that work well at work

Comment

Carpentry and cabinet making, Martial arts and shooting.

(and DIY surgery unfortunately )
                Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline
                  Not Bridgend by any chance?
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Motorcycles....

Ahh the joys of internal combustion.
                    Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                      I post on internet forums as a female who gets excited by middle aged IT geeks.

It's a pretty niche area I know but I just love the attention.
                      Ah so its you is it...... can I have the money back for all the flowers and chocolates please
                      Some people are like slinkys, totally pointless but the thought of pushing them down a flight of stairs never fails to put a smile on your face.

Comment

Working...
                      X