• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hobbies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Spending 3 hours a day on the motorway does not give me much time - mind you, I could spot Eddie Stobbart lorries!

When time permits I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline. Really reccomend this as a way to enjoy a hobby, and gain good people skills that can help with work.
    They have to be desperate if they are asking you for advice. Poor ferkers.
    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      I post on internet forums as a female who gets excited by middle aged IT geeks.

It's a pretty niche area I know but I just love the attention.

Denny.
      HTH.

Comment

I'm on the bench at the mo, spend most of my free time observing prawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
          I'm on the bench at the mo, spend most of my free time observing prawn.
          For research?

Comment

-Play football 4 times a week with training and games.

-Squash

-gigs

______________________That is all__________________________________

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
              -Play football 4 times a week with training and games.

-Squash

-gigs

______________________That is all__________________________________

Visit contractor websites when I should be cutting some chipboard.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                They have to be desperate if they are asking you for advice. Poor ferkers.
                Firstly, people call helplines for a variety of reasons.

Secondly, it is not about advice - exploration of how the caller is feeling, space, and exploring options - some they think of, and some that we (as in the royal we) also have to consider as well.

All good stuff

Comment

So what helpline is it that you 'help' on?
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

please, whoever has created Wilmslooooooooooooow,,

'When time permits I like to do a counselling shift on a helpline. Really reccomend this as a way to enjoy a hobby, and gain good people skills that can help with work.',

has managed to reach a level of creativity and humour not seen around these parts for a long time

good work

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                      So what helpline is it that you 'help' on?
                      Navigation.

"The way to Beachy Head is..."

Comment

Working...
                      X