• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Suspicious Garage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can't get robbed quicker than by a qwik fit fitter.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      How very true. I remember about 7 years ago I took a Golf GTI in that I had at the time (permie lease car). Needed four new tyres, I think they were 205's on 16" rims from memory. 650 notes I think they were carp pirelli ones.

2 years ago, I had 4 tyres on the 330 beemer on 18" rims. Less than 450 for Michelin pilot sport 2's.

It's no wonder the lease companies don't wanna pay for anything when you take your company shed in. They are robbing everyone blind.

Originally posted by zeitghost
      "Kwik" being a misnomer in this case of course... I've never ever been anywhere slower...
      You're right there. Probably too busy finding things wrong with your car.

I'd never take any of my cars there even if I was desperate.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
        I know somebody who had his car in at Kwik Fit and when his wife went in to pick it up they told her that the brakes were worn and needed the pads and discs replacing. It was having it's exhaust done at the time. She told her husband who went down to see them. He asked what they had done and how could tell that the brakes needed so much work given that the wheels were still on the car. The Kwik Fit guy said that they had taken the wheels off to have a good look at the brakes. He asked if they had any problems removing the wheels without having the key for his locking wheel nuts.

The last time I went there I had my exhaust replaced. On the M40 it lost its bolts between it and the manifold and dropped onto the road. I'll never use Kwik Fit
        Kwik fit are the worst, my parters car needed a silencer,a quick ring around for prices... Kwik fit £95 sir, the lowest Formula 1 autocentres were £26. How can Kwik Fit justify that price? They are also notorious for finding faults that don't exist
        The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          To be honest, my one and only experience at Kwik Fit was excellent. Had a flat, went in, bloke looked at it, took the tyre off, examined it, diagnosed a faulty valve and fitted a replacement, reinflated the tyre and put it back on. Replaced two missing valve caps. Was there for about 20 mins.

"How much do I owe you for that", says I?

"Ah, don't worry about it, mate", he says, "valves and caps don't cost much. Enjoy the rest of your day".

Can't ask for more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            "Kwik" being a misnomer in this case of course... I've never ever been anywhere slower...
            Some of you guys are obviously not behaving correctly when visiting Kwik Fit.

1. You need to stand and watch them - they are "kwik" so not a big deal
            2. Only ever have the work done that you went in for

Sorted.

Comment

Tyres

I just got 5 new tyres from BlackCircles and was very impressed - cheaper than my very cheap local supplier, much wider choice, buy them online and have them fitted locally. Highly recommended.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I just got 5 new tyres from BlackCircles and was very impressed - cheaper than my very cheap local supplier, much wider choice, buy them online and have them fitted locally. Highly recommended.
                Snap!

They are excellent. If I need some fitting at work, I use eTyres, they're pretty good as well. Very similar to blackcircles on price.
                Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

I'm thinking of having my car servicing shipped to India. Stick the car on a boat to Calcutta, and gang of MCSD qualified tyre fitters do all the work forra fiver.

Sorteed.

Comment

Working...
                  X