• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gloom lifts on Manchester housing Market?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snaw View Post
    I think his problem is that he's caught a train to king's cross one or two times, and maybe wandered around the touristy bits and thinks that he's seen London and never actually visited or is even aware of all the other, nicer/more affluent, parts of the city.

Wrong. My brother lives in Hampstead and I must say that its a beautiful part of the world, very like the suburb of manchester where I grew up. However anywhere south of the river is a toilet and your chance of being robbed/knifed are greatly increased the further south you go.

London is a dirty, overcrowded, over priced city and I for one would never choose to bring up a family or spend any longer than 18 months their.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
      Wrong. My brother lives in Hampstead and I must say that its a beautiful part of the world, very like the suburb of manchester where I grew up. However anywhere south of the river is a toilet and your chance of being robbed/knifed are greatly increased the further south you go.

London is a dirty, overcrowded, over priced city and I for one would never choose to bring up a family or spend any longer than 18 months their.
      I live south of the river, and I must a problem with my vision, cause I like my suburb (Putney) and I can name several equally pleasant, or better (that'll match Hampstead easily, ever been to Richmond?) and as good as anything Manchester has. Well maybe not the world famous OC10, sorry WA10.

First you start off by slating London, then you change it to anything south of the river - you've got no idea. BTW Having a brother living in London does not make you an expert, ask my sister. She's as much of a clue as you.

Manchester isn't clean & isn't all that safe FYI. It's busy enough from what I've seen, but that's how I like them anyway - if you're after solitude go live in the country.

BTW Given up on your postcode boasts I see, kind of shoots down your credibility when it comes to London, no?
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

He he. Now we know you haven't got a clue ....
        But actually your posts on all other topics were beginning to suggest that you're not the sharpest tool in the box.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

I live south of the river, and I must a problem with my vision, cause I like my suburb (Putney) and I can name several equally pleasant, or better (that'll match Hampstead easily, ever been to Richmond?) and as good as anything Manchester has. Well maybe not the world famous OC10, sorry WA10.

First you start off by slating London, then you change it to anything south of the river - you've got no idea. BTW Having a brother living in London does not make you an expert, ask my sister. She's as much of a clue as you.

Manchester isn't clean & isn't all that safe FYI. It's busy enough from what I've seen, but that's how I like them anyway - if you're after solitude go live in the country.

BTW Given up on your postcode boasts I see, kind of shoots down your credibility when it comes to London, no?

Now now, no need to go on the defensive beacuse you live in the South of London sunshine, do you have to 'pack heat' if you go out to the shops after sunset?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003...hdivide.uknews

Comment

Now now, no need to go on the defensive beacuse you live in the South of London sunshine, do you have to 'pack heat' if you go out to the shops after sunset?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2003...hdivide.uknews
            So a 5 year old article based on research done by Barclays private client division on how wealthy an individual 'felt. Well done, proof conclusive that actual us paupers in London should be looking enviously at Hallam in Sheffield - 2nd richest place in the country.

Yep, I live in the south of London, inna ghetto, innit.

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

So a 5 year old article based on research done by Barclays private client division on how wealthy an individual 'felt. Well done, proof conclusive that actual us paupers in London should be looking enviously at Hallam in Sheffield - 2nd richest place in the country.

Yep, I live in the south of London, inna ghetto, innit.
              Its certainly not as nice as North London, and thats just a fact. Deal with it. If I could be bothered Id do some research and show the lower crime rates in North London/Higher income etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

He he. Now we know you haven't got a clue ....
                But actually your posts on all other topics were beginning to suggest that you're not the sharpest tool in the box.
                So you noticed that too?

Comment

Its certainly not as nice as North London, and thats just a fact. Deal with it. If I could be bothered Id do some research and show the lower crime rates in North London/Higher income etc etc.

Yes why don't you Capitalise North London as it's obviously a Homogenous Entity, with no similarities to South London.
                  So you're saying Richmond, Putney and Sheen are dumps compared to Tottenham and Archway. Cretin.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Who's getting defensive now? I've lived in North London, it's got equally shtty & nice areas as well. I'm not the one making the sweeping statements that are clearly complete bollocks.

Been said a few times but clearly you're clueless when it comes to London (And actually on many other things, but we'll leave that alone), so probably best that you refrain from making yourself look like a bigger idiot than you already appear to be.

Comment

Putney

Comment

Working...
                      X