• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think my girlfriend might propose tonight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    Thread killer
    Problem solver
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

You can be honest - tell her you are not ready to accept yet.
      If this fails, tell her you don't really want children.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        Then have a long engagement...
        Very dangerous... as you as there's a ring on her finger she'll be nagging and nagging for a wedding. After all, she'll say, if you plan to marry, why put it off?

Big Mistake!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          Very dangerous... as you as there's a ring on her finger she'll be nagging and nagging for a wedding. After all, she'll say, if you plan to marry, why put it off?

Big Mistake!
          Not me - I was engaged for 5 years before we finally made it down the aisle...
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
            If you're really this scared why have you been with her for so long?
            Just for the sex?
            Or something more?
            It hasn't been that long! 2 years is not that long... I'm just not quite ready for that stage in my life and all that marriage pomp and ceremony.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
              Would she buy that?
              Why not try the "but things are so great the way they are, I don't want to change anything" line.

Anyway, 2 years is far too short a relationship to get married.

On balance, I think the best thing is just to say that you just don't want to get married. Period. Tough if it breaks her heart. In fact if it does upset her then consider it a lucky escape as she's clearly the type who considers her own happiness at the expense of your own. And trust me, that IS a one way ticket to the divorce courts.

Comment

""A perfect opportunity for you to buy me a ring!" "

If she is going to propose to you, will she buy her own ring? It's only fair!
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Anyway, 2 years is far too short a relationship to get married.
                  Thank you! Can I quote you? She seems to think it's more than enough time...
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                    It hasn't been that long! 2 years is not that long... I'm just not quite ready for that stage in my life and all that marriage pomp and ceremony.
                    OK...2 years is perhaps not that long, but be ready for the "where is this relationship going" question!
                    It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyWoolfe View Post
                      the "where is this relationship going" question!
                      And be ready with the "I don't know, which is what I find so exciting and why I love you so much" answer

Comment

Working...
                      X