• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I think my girlfriend might propose tonight...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I should be sympathetic but I can't! I think this is hilarious! You are scared of your own girldfriend proposing. Perosnally if I were your girlfriend I would rather you tell me the truth than lie however upset I may seem at first.

Whats better a truth which draws a tear or a lie which draws a smile! At least you would have been honest!

Comment

Honesty is over-rated.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

I think you can pay a fine if you don't want to do it.

Speak to your accountant - you may be able to expense it.

Comment

A wife is for life, not just for Christmas.
          Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
            Go for drinks after work and don't return until 3am tomorrow morning.
            Excellent advice! Ostrich tactics all the way.
            "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
              I should be sympathetic but I can't! I think this is hilarious! You are scared of your own girldfriend proposing. Perosnally if I were your girlfriend I would rather you tell me the truth than lie however upset I may seem at first.

Whats better a truth which draws a tear or a lie which draws a smile! At least you would have been honest!
              Katie, is your avatar actually you? This is unprecendented!
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Katie if his girlfriend was a pretty as you Im sure this would not be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                  Katie if his girlfriend was a pretty as you Im sure this would not be an issue.
                  Bleeugghhhhh! There goes my breakfast ...
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by HRH View Post
                    Feel free to tell me to mind my own, but if you don't mind me asking-how long have you been together? Do you have a timeframe for when you will be ready?
                    We have been together 2 years (although I have known her for 10). I have had relationships in the past that have lasted longer than this, and then gone sour, so that's my primary reason that it's too early yet. I guess 3 years would be more comfortable for me.

@ moorfield... always on the 'minimising HMRC's cut' ball
                    It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

But women hate honesty.

Comment

Working...
                      X