• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merry February 29th to all Contractors out there

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What about me!
    Hang on contrary knickers - I was going to suprise you
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      Last day of month = Invoice Day (yay!)
      ditto! timesheet to get approved for me too.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Hang on contrary knickers - I was going to suprise you

after that I can only say yes!

mind you if all the others say yes it will be a bit crowded...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

after that I can only say yes!

mind you if all the others say yes it will be a bit crowded...
          Timeshare
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Timeshare
            I hope I don't just get you for your shopping days! I want a few of your man hungry days too...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
              Last day of month = Invoice Day (yay!)
              Last day of week = invoice day too!

I'm going to wind up the permies. I suggest we all make an effort to do the same.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

And very possibly Chimp

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
                  I'm going to wind up the permies. I suggest we all make an effort to do the same.
                  No permies here... Friday = golf / POETS day

Easy day, lots of slacking

Comment

Remember this post I did on 7th Jan? ...

For those contractors amongst you that are being subjected to permies complaining about being skint, I have a suggestion.

Normally it is about now in the month that they complain "Why is there so much month left when the money has run out?"

Since this is January, things are much worse for them. This week will probably be the week they complain most bitterly: they are back at work, cold, tired, in need of a holiday and the credit card statements are coming in.

Traditionally, one would just be flicking through holiday brochures and noisily booking a ski-ing holiday on the mobile in the office to annoy them.

BUT - this is a leap year

On Friday 29th February 2008, the permies have to work. And they get the same pay as they do in non-leap year Februaries.

They have to work 29th February for no pay.

(I am aware there are logical arguments that try to refute this but they are cold and humourless and best disregarded.)

I heard civil servants complain of this bitterly in 1996 and 2004. Make sure your permies know it too this year. May I suggest:

"Excuse me, but it could be worse. At least you get paid a full month's pay this month. Next month you have that extra unpaid day as well. Since I'm a contractor I get paid for it so I'm OK - but you won't."

Then scarper, sharpish.

This opportunity only occurs for a month, one year in four, and for 2/7ths of those it falls on a weekend, so don't waste it. Enjoy the new year, it's a special one with an extra day's pay just for contractors.
                    I've got some civil servants on the site I'm on now. I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

Edit: TULIP!!!! I'm off site all day.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      To the Permie lurkers out there, condolences for Work for Free day. I'd phone in sick if I were you.
                      I too would like to add my condolences, Permies. Business as usual for me working from home tomorrow.
                      Last edited by moorfield; 28 February 2008, 22:11.

Comment

Working...
                      X