• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Katie View Post
    I work for an Umbrella Company.
    I'll take 40 Gross of red and white stripy golf umbrellas then.

Cash ok?

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Cash is fine! Te He

Comment

Originally posted by 51st State View Post
        Sounds like you'll need a Project Manager, or you'll never get any work done ...

Hi, BTW
        Originally posted by newbie-rookie View Post
        9 posts, not 1 proper answer. weird.
        What's not proper about my answer - I'm a Project Manager and I said Hi.

If she weighs the same as a duck, she's made of wood. And therefore a witch!

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
          True. But that's a sign of deep insecurity and doubt in ones own abilities.

All the really great people I've worked with (not just in IT) have wanted to shout their knowledge from the rooftops!

The ones who want to keep it 'close to their chests' are the useless flipers!
          Hmm, well, I suppose there may be a little truth in the insecurity reason but personally, it's about being modest and not constantly singing my own praises. It's very British!
          It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
            Prawn - I do have some sort of dealings with IT contractors but I think most of you are Limited Companies.
            Aargh! She's one of them - a tax inspector!!

Prawn, quick, drop that hammer before you do something you'll regret!

Katie, welcome on board (if you aren't an HMRC stooge). It's nice to have more of us ladies posting, but you'll have to get used to the idea that many of the guys around here are convinced we are too!

Comment

Thanks Marina, no I work for an Umbrella Company. Thanks for the welcome! I have spent the last couple of hours trying to persuade people I am a girl!

Comment

Just a quick question. If you were to date an IT Contractor, would he be driving a Toyota Aygo, Audi A3, a VW Passat or a very expensive BMW/Merc?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                  Just a quick question. If you were to date an IT Contractor, would he be driving a Toyota Aygo, Audi A3, a VW Passat or a very expensive BMW/Merc?

Personally I would date an IT contractor by freezing them, chopping them in half, and counting the rings.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Give the girl credit... she has initiative! Its beats hunting about on the dustmans forum for a suger daddy doesnt it

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

None of the above - He'd definitely be driving a Ford Ka. I can't resist a guy with one of them, and most of the women I know say the same. So if you're looking to buy a "babe magnet", that's definitely the one to go for...

Comment

Working...
                      X