• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Mobile Contractor's lodging lifestyle/options.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2uk View Post
    Can you show me the law that prevents me to have 1 month termination notice to the tenant ? Of course you can't. I have stayed with accomodationlondon.com . They have 2 weeks termination notice. yes 2.
    I suggest you read the CAB pages and Shelter pages on the internet. They are not hard to find. Then you can google the relevant legislation they mention, after all you are not a newbie so we shouldn't be doing your basic research for you.

Basically you can put anything you like in a tenancy contract or not give one out at all, but if you come across:
    1. A professionally bad tenant,
    2. A tenant who looks like they don't know their legal rights i.e. someone whose just come from aboard but suddenly works out what they are,
    then they can screw you.

Even if the tenant doesn't screw you the letting agency easily can. Hint- read the recent news story on Foxtons and the OFT properly.

BTW there is a legal difference between being a lodger,a subtenant and a tenant. But you can obviously find that out yourself.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X