• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Diesel or Petrol?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    Yeah, against M3s and better. If they'd left the driving to the Stig they may have come close to winning.

Don't Audi win Lemons every year with a diesel? I'm sure I heard somewhere that they're concentrating on performance diesels at the moment purely on the back of that race.
    yes Audi win Le Mans with the R10 which is diesel. The R8 is named after their Le Mans winning car a few years ago (petrol) so yes expect a performance diesel road car coming from Audi (called the R10?)

Win lemons i've got a mental picture of them on the gantry above the track with loads of lemons
    Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

You're not comparing like for like though sas. The 330 interior you posted is the E46 previous generation. That is still a quality interior though with nice soft plastics as opposed to the brittle ugly carp in the japmobiles.

This is the current E90-92 interior of the 3 series. Soft plastics and brushed aluminium. Lovely.

That mazda looks total rank inside. If you think thats high quality, you're clearly the target audience for that piece of carp. Only a permie or boy racer with limited budget would consider that.

Whats that you say... Oh it's fast, it's a 4 cylinder 2.3 turbo. Wheres the comfort? Wheres the auto tranny? Wheres the heated leather seats and integral sat nav? Front wheel drive too... total garbage. Will depreciate like a lead balloon. 5K part ex value in 3 years. That is the kind of car advertised by dealers in local rags with £500 cash back and free bluetooth headset (this weekend only of course).

Different cars for different people I guess. One of my friends (Name and shame "Chris"), thinks a Focus ST is an expensive car. My interpretation is an expensive piece of cheap carp.

It's quite funny, the people that big-up the cheaper cars are the ones that have never owned a 30-40k+ motor.

Lexus is the only Jap car worth a second look.
      Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
        You're not comparing like for like though sas. The 330 interior you posted is the E46 previous generation. That is still a quality interior though with nice soft plastics as opposed to the brittle ugly carp in the japmobiles.

This is the current E90-92 interior of the 3 series. Soft plastics and brushed aluminium. Lovely.

That mazda looks total rank inside. If you think thats high quality, you're clearly the target audience for that piece of carp. Only a permie or boy racer with limited budget would consider that.

Whats that you say... Oh it's fast, it's a 4 cylinder 2.3 turbo. Wheres the comfort? Wheres the auto tranny? Wheres the heated leather seats and integral sat nav? Front wheel drive too... total garbage. Will depreciate like a lead balloon. 5K part ex value in 3 years. That is the kind of car advertised by dealers in local rags with £500 cash back and free bluetooth headset (this weekend only of course).

Different cars for different people I guess. One of my friends (Name and shame "Chris"), thinks a Focus ST is an expensive car. My interpretation is an expensive piece of cheap carp.

It's quite funny, the people that big-up the cheaper cars are the ones that have never owned a 30-40k+ motor.

Lexus is the only Jap car worth a second look.
        Are you me?

sasguru and quality are not two words you hear together often.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Are you me?

sasguru and quality are not two words you hear together often.
          I am you...!

Sorry... wrong login again.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Oh I don't know, what about this?

I would quite like to get my hands on one of those

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
              Biggest problem with a Lexus (at least the small ones) is that you have to be a dwarf to feel cofortable in one. And to fit in the back you'd better not have any legs. They are kind of a tardis in reverse. Big on the outside, tiny inside. Well made, but very impractical and full of gadgets.
              Oh I don't know. I'm 6' 2" and a number of stone above average and I don't find it too bad. Missus has an IS200 and i'm comfortable in it.

Not as big as some I admit but some cars aren't even driveable when i get in. RAV4 for example.
              Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

RAV4? Why would you even want to attempt to get in one of those anyway! They are absolute filth! I'm sorry I just had to let my anger out at the mention of a RAV4 I really can not stand the at all!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  Oh I don't know, what about this?

I would quite like to get my hands on one of those

Here's the interior of the new Vauxhall Corsa. I suppose that is good too?

http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive...a-VXR-2-lg.jpg

They say money doesn't buy you class. They are right.

The Germans know how to make fantastic luxury, stylish interiors using superb materials that speak volumes for their owners tastes.

Comment

Go Prawn, go Prawn!

Probably extremely unappropriate to "egg on" a member but I feel that he is on a roll so am offering my support!

Comment

You are either with me, or are permie aspiring to a Cee'd.

Comment

Working...
                      X