• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did the Earth Move for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZZIK View Post
    Let me guess... BT??
    Maybe; maybe not
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
      An EarthQuake of all things at 00:58

It did for me as I sat in front of my PC here in North West Leicestershire. The whole house shook and the noise was quite incredible.
      Thank goodness it was nowhere important. Only places north of Watford affected.

Comment

Felt it here in Essex. Monitors on my desk wobbled and the house creaked and groaned. Most perturbatory.
        Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Thank goodness it was nowhere important. Only places north of Watford affected.
          But the damage could run into several pounds....
          "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by wxman View Post
            An EarthQuake of all things at 00:58

It did for me as I sat in front of my PC here in North West Leicestershire. The whole house shook and the noise was quite incredible.
            Quite strong in East Midlands, I joked with one the wife that if could have been an earthquake but never thought it was

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
              But the damage could run into several pounds....
              hmmm - you are right! Shall I send a donatio to help the people up there? How about a packet of crisps or some sunny Delight?

Comment

I felt nothing. Was outside at about 1am as it were and didn't feel anything.

Comment

Didn't move for me.

But it did for my wife.
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Didn't move for me.

But it did for my wife.
                    At what time did she return to tell you this then?

Comment

Originally posted by chicane View Post
                      At what time did she return to tell you this then?
                      She sent me a text this morning.
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X