• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did the Earth Move for you?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    Wot's this chimbley doing in my bed?

I heard about that one on the news, great for pub tales later on I would guess

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Thank goodness it was nowhere important. Only places north of Watford affected.

It didn't come this far north.....
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Felt it here in SW London. Thought a heavy load lorry was passing by but no noise. The movement was ever so slightly side-to-side. Most unusual, lasted for a few seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
          Felt it here in SW London. .
          Seriously. I live in SW London and felt nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Seriously. I live in SW London and felt nothing.
            Only very slight - mind - I'm in a 3rd/4th floor flat. It was unusual enough for me to look out of the window to see if a large lorry was passing. This is the first I've heard of an earthquake - haven't checked the news, the timing is about right, so it must have been that.

Comment

I felt it too - but I thought it was my imagination....
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Felt it here in East Lancs. The entire house was shakeing. I just thought it was a 200mph wind gust! Wife and baby slept through the whole thing.
                McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Don't know about anyone else but when I was at school, I was taught that earthquakes were caused by plate techtonics and plate boundaries creating faults and the like when they moved against each other or away from each other etc.

I also remember seeing a map of plate boundaries and seeing places like California being right on a boundary, and that's why they get lots of earthquakes. More importantly the UK was nowhere near a plate boundary so how the flip has there been an earthquake here??
                  It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                    More importantly the UK was nowhere near a plate boundary so how the flip has there been an earthquake here??
                    It was Russia testing new techtonics weapons.

HTH

Nicky G.

Comment

The Great Comet

For years now "knowing ones" have been speaking of the coming of this especially significant Star. The number of those who await it is continually increasing, and the indications become more and more definite, so much so that in fact it is to be expected soon. But what it really signifies, what it brings, whence it comes, has not yet been rightly explained.

It is thought that it brings upheavals of an incisive nature. But this Star portends more.

It can be called the Star of Bethlehem, because it is of exactly the same nature as that was. Its power sucks the waters up high, brings weather catastrophes and still more. When encircled by its rays the earth quakes.

Since the event in Bethlehem there has been nothing like it. Like the Star of Bethlehem, this Star has also detached itself from the Eternal Realm of Primordial Spirit at such a time as to take effect on this earth exactly when the years of spiritual enlightenment are to come to all mankind.

The Star takes its course in a straight line from the Eternal Realm to this part of the Universe. Its core is filled with high spiritual power; it envelops itself in material substance, and will thereby also become visible to men on earth. Unerringly and unswervingly the Comet pursues its course, and will appear on the scene at the right hour, as already ordained thousands of years ago.

The first direct effects have already begun in recent years. For anyone who wishes neither to see nor to hear this, and who does not perceive how ridiculous it is still to maintain that all the extraordinary things which have already happened are of everyday occurrence, there is naturally no help. He either wishes to act like an ostrich out of fear, or he is burdened with an extremely limited understanding. Both types must be allowed to go serenely on their way; one can only smile at their easily refutable assertions.

But the knowing ones could also be told where the first powerful rays are striking. However, since the rays are gradually also encompassing the whole earth, there is no use in being more explicit, It will take years to come to this point, and years before the Comet again releases the earth from its influence. And then the earth is purified and refreshed in every respect for the blessing and joy of its inhabitants. It will be more beautiful than it has ever been. Therefore every believer shall look forward to the future with tranquil confidence, and not be alarmed at anything that may happen in the coming years. If he can look up with confidence to God no harm will come to him.
                      Abd-Ru-Shin - In The Light Of Truth Book 1

Comment

Working...
                      X