• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Forums - You choose

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Forums - You choose

Shall we have a show of hands on what we think of the new forums?
    Stick with this forum
    13.79%
    Go back to original EzBoard
    17.24%
    Modify this forum look and feel to be more like old one
    48.28%
    Go to a new forum
    1.72%
    I really couldn't give a tulip.
    18.97%

The poll is expired.

Is this the Alistair Campbell poll display software, whereby an option with no votes still shows some with its coloured bar?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for sticking the poll up DP, much appreciated Have made the poll sticky now so it will not get lost.

Another post and poll coming in a mo'.

Reg's

CUK Admin

Comment

Picked mod this forum but don't actually want it to look like old one, just want more focus on "functionality" and "readability"
        Don't know if it's in vbulletein capabilities (phpbb or ubbthreads fan myself) but how about a choice of templates? That way everyone can be made happy

Edit: bahh just seen other thread
        Last edited by Not So Wise; 11 July 2005, 21:23.

Comment

Like all things that undergo change - there is always resistance for no apparent reason.

This, to my mind, just has to be weathered.

Comment

Originally posted by simes
            Like all things that undergo change - there is always resistance for no apparent reason.
            No apparent reason? Have you not read any of the comments?

I have trouble disguising this on client's sites, so I rarely post from there any more.

Comment

whitespace

This new bb skin wastes so much space..
              1. Whitespace, whitespace and more whitespace
              2. 3D shading, pretty, but also boring and annoying once you want some real info.
              3. All that info in the dotted boxes should be in a mouse-over - certainly on-line status shouldn't be a NVP, a simple coloured radio widget would do.
              4. The quote button takes out a whole chunky line!
              5. etc etc etc

I bet whoever coded this one puts all their {}s on individual lines.

Comment

Originally posted by GiGo
                Matter of coding style has no bearing on usability of the end product dude!

Comment

Originally posted by GiGo
                  What's wrong with that!?
                  Autom...Sprow...Canna...Tik banna...Sandwol...But no sera smee

Comment

Working...
                  X