• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Most odious person in the media

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

expected this to be a post about kelvin mckenzie

Comment

Most odious person in the media

For starters . . . .

Vanessa Feltz
      Hazel Blears
      Peter Tatchel
      Gordon Brown
      . . . and that Chakrabati lad who always pops up defending the 'rights' of wayward swarthy types.
      The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        I used to like Chris Moyles but not anymore - can't bear him.... although I am super sad and listen to 5 live in the morning

Nicky tosspot Campbell is getting on my nerves now though
        Did you hear him this morning talking to Stevie Wonder. Nicky Campbell really does need a bit of a kicking
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
          Did you hear him this morning talking to Stevie Wonder. Nicky Campbell really does need a bit of a kicking
          Yep - thats right when I switched the radio off -he is a knob of the highest order.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I did a stint on the radio while I was in uni. After our first show we got bolloked for taking liquid into the studio - nobody had actually told us that you couldn't take fluids into the studio and they were particularly non plussed that it was 8 empty Newcastle Brown bottles - I don't know why I used to drink that rubbish!

The second show we turned up too early and so sat in the bar for 3 hours 'warming up' We were not allowed on the air as we had warmed up a little too much - Well I actually started my warm up when my lectures ended that day at 2pm - I went on the beer with one of my mates around leeds and then headed to Bradford to do the show at 7pm (the wrong time)

And so a promising radio career died for me anyway. The guy who did the hosting is now a fully fledged producer (works with Bruce dickenson from Iron Maiden and won a sony award or two) but I don't talk to him anymore as he turned into a complete w@@nker once he got in with all the media types.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              I love this, couldn't have put it better myself...

Chris Moyles is an unfunny, fat, oafish *****. Forget sacking, I'd happily see my licence fee being used to purchase a cricket bat with which to beat him around his smug face.

He is a bully of the most dangerous type - one with an audience of easily-led morons, who equate celebrity with wisdom and absorb his every utterance as gospel.

The sooner he and his ilk are dispensed with, the better.

If there's one I really hate to see it's a wimp who was bullied at school trying to make up for it when they get older...coming over all smug and condascending of everyone else...always in the right on everything and not taking other peoples views or tastes into account...so yeah sack moyles.

sasguru

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                I love this, couldn't have put it better myself...

Chris Moyles is an unfunny, fat, oafish *****. Forget sacking, I'd happily see my licence fee being used to purchase a cricket bat with which to beat him around his smug face.

He is a bully of the most dangerous type - one with an audience of easily-led morons, who equate celebrity with wisdom and absorb his every utterance as gospel.

The sooner he and his ilk are dispensed with, the better.

If there's one I really hate to see it's a wimp who was bullied at school trying to make up for it when they get older...coming over all smug and condascending of everyone else...always in the right on everything and not taking other peoples views or tastes into account...so yeah sack moyles.
                I'm hardly the number 1 Chris Moyles fan but this comment is pretty unfair and the contributor ends up coming across even more naive and narrow-minded than Moyles sometimes does.

I occasionally listen to his show when I’m staying at home during the week since the missus has the radio set to wake her at 6:30. He does say stupid things and can be a twat and the article tries to take advantage of one of those occasions, where he used the word ‘gay’ to express his disapproval at something. I have no idea what half these comments are based on, he regularly slates nobody celebs and openly expresses his opinions about typical trash chart music and TV, against the general guidelines of the beeb, which is don’t say anything to displease the masses.

If the general people who listen to his show follow his every utterance then that’s their problem, not his. As for the comments about being a wimp and condescending, I refer to my first sentence! Actually, this is a fairly typical blinkered and mulish view from a guardian reader who pretend to be more liberal than most, and stick up for people's liberties but are so stuck up their own arse and ideal of what everyone should act like be they become more extreme wing than anyone else.

P.S. Not all guardian readers are like this. This is not a jab at any guardian readers here. Please don’t hate me.
                It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by MrRobin View Post
                  ...this is a fairly typical blinkered and mulish view from a guardian reader who pretend to be more liberal than most, and stick up for people's liberties but are so stuck up their own arse and ideal of what everyone should act like be they become more extreme wing than anyone else...

Liberal fascists!

Comment

My o/h listens to Moyles at ear-splitting volume in the mornings which has led to a few crossed words. I find him difficult to stand, but TBH, he's not really aimed at me.

I did think he came over as very arrogant at first, but I'm starting to think he's cleverer than he's given credit for - almost a parody of himself. I wouldn't listen by choice, though, as he has nothing to say on any subject that interests me - but that's hardly a surprise as I'm not his target audience.

Another thing I notice is that compared with the olden days when I used to isten to radio 1, he hardly plays any music - it has turned into more a chat thing. Full marks to him for redesigning the format, but I prefer speech radio on other channels.

Comment

BTW

I am in love with Shami Chakrabati, but cannot stand

Shane Ritchie
                      June Sarpong
                      and Jade Goody

And as for Hazel Blears (and most politicians) - beneath contempt.

Comment

Working...
                      X