• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

XP twice as fast as Vista

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAH View Post
    I think many people have now woken up to M$ strategy of software progression. All their latest products don't do a lot that much better or efficiently than the previous version. Some things are simply worse, like that ribbon she-ite on the latest version of Office.
    I would have to say that it's actually quite good once you get used to it. no doubt I'm now going to get flamed

Comment

Don't blame Microsoft, blame the chip manufacturers whom seem incapable of creating a low cost PC with 400 TB of RAM, 1024 core CPU's running at 500 GHz and Petabyte Flash HDD's.

Idiots.

Comment

Hey DP's back, you've had a few days away from the board haven't you?

How does it feel?
        Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
          Hey DP's back, you've had a few days away from the board haven't you?

How does it feel?
          Good.

I've been counting my money. These days it takes a long time.

Comment

It's because you're filthy rich DP.

The mansion in Swindon is well within your grasp.
            Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              It's because you're filthy rich DP.

The mansion in Swindon is well within your grasp.

And so is the trawler net he keeps getting stuck in.

That's what happens when you buy a newbuild house on a flood-plain.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

OS X better than the lot of them...
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

and here's me thinking that the purpose of an operating system is to make your machine work. I can be such a plonker sometimes.

Comment

This morning I downloaded hooky version of OS X for x86 and set it up on a spare PC I had lying around. Now I've got a shiny new Mac to play with (if I knew what to do with it).

No problem getting and installing drivers for network, video and sound, kinda slick, maybe I've been missing out on something all these years.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
                      This morning I downloaded

Thanks for reminding me. Just magicked the latest episode of Lost onto my PC. I was inspired by Paul Daniels when he had an Atari 800 in the 80s.
                      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                      Feist - I Feel It All
                      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                      X