• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's moisturiser any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Clinique "Skin supplies for men" M-Protect SPF 21

blurb states "daily hydration + protection for all skin types"

It's not cheap but it is good value
    Kneel before Bod

Comment

Have there ever been any independent trials to prove it's not all snake-oil like so many anti-ageing products must be?
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        Have there ever been any independent trials to prove it's not all snake-oil like so many anti-ageing products must be?
        Don't know about independent trials. My own testing is empirical though :

put it on, skin feels good, I only look 30 (despite the occasional Marlboro)
        Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by someone has my name View Post
          Have you got your compass pointing the wrong way? ... sure you are from up north?
          Yep. The sign of a true northerner is he's so tough he fears no ridicule.

Let me put it in words someone from Bristol may understand: If you go around looking like worzel, don't be suprised if it ain't just the crows you scare off.
          Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

I thought men only used Imperial Leather soap and water and let nature takes its course.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
              I thought men only used Imperial Leather soap and water and let nature takes its course.
              Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

I suppose it's true, women love men to be real men, even if they suffer the odd stubble rash because of it. Right up until they get the carp kicked out of them for being 5 minutes late home to make the tea.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
                Maybe that's where I'm going wrong.

I suppose it's true, women love men to be real men, even if they suffer the odd stubble rash because of it. Right up until they get the carp kicked out of them for being 5 minutes late home to make the tea.
                Real men don't hit women. It's unforgiveable, no matter how much nagging they do.

Question Time:

Why do real men always leave the soap in a soggy pool of water in the soap dish so that it goes all mushy. That's what I'd like to know.

Plus they drop the towels on the floor or just arrange them in an untidy heap over the towel rail or across the side of the bath.

Leaving the seat up. Why can't men go for a wee with the seat down or put it down after they've finished?

Plus they leave stubble in the sink when they've finished shaving and leave a tide mark around the bath as well.

Comment

Why can't men go for a wee with the seat down
                  I'm gonna try that tonight Denny, just for you.

If I'm not posting in the morning, it means that I've been castrated by my better half.
                  Kneel before Bod

Comment

Originally posted by Bod View Post
                    I'm gonna try that tonight Denny, just for you.

If I'm not posting in the morning, it means that I've been castrated by my better half.
                    For god sake aim accurately. Otherwise there will be hell to pay.

Comment

Real men don't hit women. It's unforgiveable, no matter how much nagging they do.

Question Time:

Why do real men always leave the soap in a soggy pool of water in the soap dish so that it goes all mushy. That's what I'd like to know.

Plus they drop the towels on the floor or just arrange them in an untidy heap over the towel rail or across the side of the bath.

Leaving the seat up. Why can't men go for a wee with the seat down or put it down after they've finished?

Plus they leave stubble in the sink when they've finished shaving and leave a tide mark around the bath as well.

Because they test the boundaries, like kids do. Let them get away with it and they'll continue. Maybe it's the only way they feel they can rebel if they're faced with an overbearing bossy bint who likes wearing trousers.
                      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                      X