• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Men's moisturiser any good?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miffy View Post
    Shave Ease Oil rules! I love the stuff, makes shaving sooooo much easier.

You're right there, I wouldn't use a brand associated with birds (or squirrels). I use that loreal men expert stuff and occasionally bio oil.

Not sure how "safe" Oil of Ulay is for humans though. My nan was a big user and she had a massive tash.
    You are AtWs love child and I claim my £5.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      It's been £5 for years now. Shouldn't we up it to keep inline with inflation? I know as contractors we overlook that when negotiating rates over the years, but still.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Comment

Time to challenge churchill.

How would you like your £5 then you sweaty mutt?

I can only pay in Ugandan dollars which at todays exchange rate is $16,909

I just require your bank account details and sort code. Cousin benson will then wire you the monies.
          Eat Right, Exercise, Die Anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
            As someone who has quite noticable scarring from severe acne when I was a teenager (think of Seal and you're not far off), I've been wondering whether to try bio oil as it's supposed to smoothen acne scars, from what I read somewhere.

One thing I'm never going to try is plastic or cosmetic surgery. There's plenty of celebrities doing quite well at damaging the image of it just by having it. Think Lesley Ash, Jackie Stallone, and many many others. All look like freaks of nature now.
            An old school friend of mine had bad acne. I remember the hospitals giving him loads of creams and stuff to try on his face. It worked for him in the end, although it also left him with scarring. Poor lad.

Well I have two small scars on my face and it's done wonders for those. I didn't think it would even work, but it does!

I picked up a bottle in Sainsburys one day and have to say it was worth the £7 investment. Even the small bottle seems to last forever though!

Pickup a bottle and give it a whirl. It'll take a good few months before you'll notice any difference but it will help. I recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by miffy View Post
              An old school friend of mine had bad acne. I remember the hospitals giving him loads of creams and stuff to try on his face. It worked for him in the end, although it also left him with scarring. Poor lad.

Well I have two small scars on my face and it's done wonders for those. I didn't think it would even work, but it does!

I picked up a bottle in Sainsburys one day and have to say it was worth the £7 investment. Even the small bottle seems to last forever though!

Pickup a bottle and give it a whirl. It'll take a good few months before you'll notice any difference but it will help. I recommend it.

The credence of bio oil probably being one of the few 'beauty' products that actually works is given weight when you consider pregnant women use it to reduce evidence (and maybe even occurance) of stretch marks.

I'll add it to the shopping list. So that's 20 ready meals, a case of guiness, a copy of Razzle, box of kleenex, and a pot of bio oil. I'm sure I won't get any strange looks at the checkout.
              Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

I'll add it to the shopping list. So that's 20 ready meals, a case of guiness, a copy of Razzle, box of kleenex, and a pot of bio oil. I'm sure I won't get any strange looks at the checkout.

Don't forget the "pot noodles"

Bio oil is in a white box with orange writing on it (I hate trying to locate things in a huge supermarket).

You'll be fine though, it's when you buy KY jelly you get the checkout girl thinking.

Comment

The credence of bio oil probably being one of the few 'beauty' products that actually works is given weight when you consider pregnant women use it to reduce evidence (and maybe even occurance) of stretch marks.

That's like the story about AtW going through the checkout...

He's just about to pay the bill when the girl behind the checkout says. "You're single, aren't you?"

He replays, "Yes I am, how did you know, is it all these meals for one?"

No she says, "It's because you're an ugly F*cker!"

Comment

I use Nivea, but there again I'm an outdoors type, racing my MTB in all weather conditions, so need it.
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

That's like the story about AtW going through the checkout...

He's just about to pay the bill when the girl behind the checkout says. "You're single, aren't you?"

He replays, "Yes I am, how did you know, is it all these meals for one?"

No she says, "It's because you're an ugly F*cker!"
                      Feist - I Feel It All

Comment

Working...
                      X