• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Geektastic Fave Fives, Part Deux

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excellent work, gents, I am pleased to see I am not alone in my geekiness.

And who's to say geekiness cannot be profitable too? I was more than delighted to part with my limited edition copy of Dark Heresy purchased for £65 just before Christmas and sold last week for £500. Ker-ching!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
      Excellent work, gents, I am pleased to see I am not alone in my geekiness.

And who's to say geekiness cannot be profitable too? I was more than delighted to part with my limited edition copy of Dark Heresy purchased for £65 just before Christmas and sold last week for £500. Ker-ching!
      Now that I would not have sold... (Unless I had bought two copies when it came out that is)

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        Aye, War does look good.

Thank the F-word I never relinqiished the Guild Teamspeak Server. WOW Voice is truly dire, and wel'll never head down that path. Lazery Attack is our 4th Hosted Voice Server, and has outperformed all the rest hands down. You folks know your stuff.

All I need to do now is convince the rest of the guild that COD4 is the mutts nuts and then we'll want a COD4 server....or WAR TS Slots.....they are a fickle bunch !

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
          Now that I would not have sold... (Unless I had bought two copies when it came out that is)

Yes, I think I may have jumped the gun a bit there. I can easily see them changing hands for £1000 by the end of the year. Mind you, given that there will be no reprint run it might be a good idea to pick up some of the standard issue books which might realise a handsome return fairly rapidly.

Comment

Sadly I missed out.

I tried to order mine about 10 minutes too late before they had all sold out.

I did toy with the idea of ordering 2, but then decided against it for personal reasons.

Grats on the book and I hope it get's plenty of play !

We're starting in 2 weeks.
            Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Working...
            X