• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    In this country no, but in the USA, the religious right had no qualms murdering a doctor who performed abortions.
    And they go to jail for that just like all other criminals.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      In this country no, but in the USA, the religious right had no qualms murdering a doctor who performed abortions.
      So why don't they go around bumping off women who are on the pill? Technically very similar to abortion.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
        So why don't they go around bumping off women who are on the pill? Technically very similar to abortion.
        Wrong, one is the removal of a conceived child, the other is a method of preventing conception.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Wrong, one is the removal of a conceived child, the other is a method of preventing conception.
          From my limited understanding of biology, the pill allows conception but stops the fertilised egg attaching to the wall of the womb, thus every month they're potentially flushing an unborn child down the loo.
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Same in Germany and Italy (I think).
            We got wed in Munich. You have to do the registrar then you can do a church job if you want to.
            I think if the UK wants to be consistant then either all "church" weddings should be as recognised as Christian weddings, or should require all religions to have a registrar ceremony as well as their religious one.
            Assuming those performing the religious ceremonies can be recognised as "legit".
            Agreed, either all or none. Why some groups are discriminated I don't know. But if this accredidation can be done in other countries then why not here. oops wait a minute this is ripoff incompetant England.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Apparently you say 3 times "go away" to your wife and she has to leave only taking what's on her, that's why, apparently, wifes in those countries try to wear all jewellry on them as otherwise they might lose it.

Now more seriously - women are not exactly equal under Sharia law, and frankly when they can get stoned for "adultory" (if they get raped) then civilised concept of "pre-nup" is not that significant.

I want to live in a democracy, not sharia law - there are plenty of countries where one can follow all sort of backward religions and practices, I don't think UK is the place for those - I don't like Christianity either, but at least they are not blowing themselves and civilians up because of religions views.
              May I suggest you stop reading the tabloids?
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                May I suggest you stop reading the tabloids?
                I think you should get reality check on what's going on - in Afganistan right now a journalist was sentenced to death for... downloading information on the Internet about women having equal rights - perhaps that's tabloids also? Or raped woman in Saudi Arabia that got lashes for ... adultary? She was lucky not to get stoned to death.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  I think you should get reality check on what's going on - in Afganistan right now a journalist was sentenced to death for... downloading information on the Internet about women having equal rights - perhaps that's tabloids also? Or raped woman in Saudi Arabia that got lashes for ... adultary? She was lucky not to get stoned to death.
                  Interesting how you don't provide links. BTW If I remember the woman in Saudi was raped - and so was her man friend - by a group of men. So while the men did get sentenced, the woman was also punished for being out with her boyfriend. I also realise that Saudi is not a good representation of a Muslim country.

Afganistan is hardly representative of a operating country. And certainly its culture is very repressive towards women anyway, which is confusing the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
                    Troll must be under his bridge somewhere to have missed this one.

Enjoy...discuss...abuse chico...whatever...

The Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams says the adoption of Islamic Sharia law in the UK is "unavoidable".
                    Dr Williams told BBC Radio 4's World at One that the UK has to "face up to the fact" that some of its citizens do not relate to the British legal system.

Linky
                    The senile old fart should be put down for the good of the nation.
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Will no one rid us of this turbulent priest?
                      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                      X