• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian Development Teams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    So whats the deal with Indian Development teams. Just had a project go two months over, which was interesting considering it was a six week project.

Not allowed to talk directly to the developers, have to go through the manager, who doesnt manage. Everything is sequential.

Went to a meeting and there were 20 people in it, of which only two spoke. Why?!?! WHY?!?

The whole thing was literal, no thought placed into anything, if it looked wrong, they programmed it wrong, when I questioned it, the team would say, well it looked wrong but thats what the BRD says, so we did it that way!!!!

Arggahhhhh!!

Has anyone had a successful implementation using an outsourced Indian dev team?
    Is that ACTUALLY your real life, or are you blurring reality with Dilbert?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Foster Kane View Post
      Is that ACTUALLY your real life, or are you blurring reality with Dilbert?

I thought Dilbert IS reality?
      It's Deja-vu all over again!

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
        Hypocrite

Just to put you out of your misery Alexi. Don't look at stupid urban directories they are full of tulip...
        Well, it was a joke for christ sake, looks like humour was also outsourced from this country

Comment

Originally posted by M_B View Post
          I am currently contracting to an Indian company who have an onshore\offshore model. Onshore consists of a largely Indian Test team and and a contracting dev team. Offshore is an Indian Dev team.

I have to say they are very good. I empathise with the person who mentioned meetings with 20+ faces of which only 1 or 2 say something though. They also seem to have a tendency to fib a little, possibly to save face - I have had many occasions where I am told something is done, only to find it isn't - I'm sure many people are guilty of that however and doubt its exclusive to Indian offshore teams.

But on the whole they are a competent bunch and curry nights are brill.
          This inshore/nearshore thing is utter b****cks. It is nothing more than a complete scam to import cheap Indians into this country. If the EU cannot provide these skills within the pay rates dictated by markets then fine, but otherwise this practice should be stopped. I dont have a problem with offshoring work, but using it as a backdoor way of importing cheap labour is appalling.
          Last edited by DodgyAgent; 1 February 2008, 14:49.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

For once, Dodgy, I agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
              This inshore/nearshore thing is utter b****cks. It is nothing more than a complete scam to import cheap Indians into this country. If the EU cannot provide these skills within the pay rates dictated by markets then fine, but otherwise this practice should be stopped. I dont have a problem with offshoring work, but using it as a backdoor way of importing cheap labour is appalling.
              Not really. The Indian company is contracted (fixed price) to build a system. How it builds that system is up to them.

Comment

Not really. The Indian company is contracted (fixed price) to build a system. How it builds that system is up to them.
                That is a bit like saying, "I've paid a company to harvest my co_ckles. OK that company hires cheap chinese labour below the minimum pay rate, half of who get swept away by tides, but how they go about it is not my problem".
                For your information you may end up being party to the criminal activities of your supplier and end up in jail. Companies like tesco get away with it because they are too big to challenge.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                  That is a bit like saying, "I've paid a company to harvest my co_ckles, OK company hires cheap chinese labour below the minimum pay rate, half of who get swept away by tides, but how they go about it is not my problem".
                  For your information you may end up being party to the criminal activities of your supplier and end up in jail. Companies like tesco get away with it because they are too big to challenge.
                  Such tulip.

Comment

Such tulip.

Can you explain a bit more?
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Such tulip.
                      In which case it shouldnt be too hard to counter the argument.. so let's hear it.

Comment

Working...
                      X