• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody couriers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.
    Once you are rattled trying to complain is a very bad idea. Remember we live in a super efficient world of private enterprise were nothing much works properly and there is stuff all you can do about it.

Comment

"There has been an attempt to deliver your order on 31/01/08 @ 12:25" - no there wasn't I was here, "Door Description: WHITE Carded Time: 12:25 LOG: 5164038 (HSC 45020) 12:32" - the door is brown and there's no card.
      It's the weather.

The driver (possibly every driver) will have carded EVERYONE today because the weather was too bad to make it worth going out.

An old trick for making sure they don't miss service level targets.

There will be a queue outside the CityLink office all the way to Gloucester.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Couriers like these (especially the ones with remote depots) make Royal Mail look like a shining temple of excellence.

Sooo many companies do this now, even the online versions of the big high street chains. And all for what must be a minor cost saving... Royal Mail's special delivery doesn't exactly break the bank.

Why don't mail order companies give a choice at checkout - cheap crappy courier service for £5 or RM Special delivery for £7 or whatever.
        It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
          Get it sent to your work address??
          Sounds like permie talk.

I phoned City-link, who told me the driver wasn't answering his phone, but they did send him a text message. So you never know. The problem now is I'm going to have to stay in until at least 5:30 to be sure.
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Sounds like permie talk.

Comment

City link did something similar to me (with my router from eBuyer). I phoned and asked them if they could try again on Saturday which they agreed to do. They then promptly ignored this and tried to deliver the following day (a Tuesday) instead. They had omitted to tell me that saturday costs about another 15 quid. In consequence I have given up on e-buyer.

When I needed a hard drive I specifically checked with the supplier who said they didn't use city link - ideal as there's a Royal Mail depot near me. They then sent the drive by city link. Their depot is miles away and is even less friendly and more filthy than most.

I will continue to boycott any supplier that uses inferior couriers.

Comment

Sounds like permie talk.
                Thought I'd heard a permie type noise coming from somewhere
                That boy go raaaaaaa
                Copyright (C) BabyBear1 - with thanks to VF for hosting

Comment

Working...
                X