• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Bloody couriers

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bloody couriers"

Collapse

• El_Diablo
    replied
    Sounds like permie talk.
    Thought I'd heard a permie type noise coming from somewhere

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    City link did something similar to me (with my router from eBuyer). I phoned and asked them if they could try again on Saturday which they agreed to do. They then promptly ignored this and tried to deliver the following day (a Tuesday) instead. They had omitted to tell me that saturday costs about another 15 quid. In consequence I have given up on e-buyer.

When I needed a hard drive I specifically checked with the supplier who said they didn't use city link - ideal as there's a Royal Mail depot near me. They then sent the drive by city link. Their depot is miles away and is even less friendly and more filthy than most.

I will continue to boycott any supplier that uses inferior couriers.

Leave a comment:

• TimberWolf
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Sounds like permie talk.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Get it sent to your work address??
    Sounds like permie talk.

I phoned City-link, who told me the driver wasn't answering his phone, but they did send him a text message. So you never know. The problem now is I'm going to have to stay in until at least 5:30 to be sure.

Leave a comment:

• MrRobin
    replied
    Couriers like these (especially the ones with remote depots) make Royal Mail look like a shining temple of excellence.

Sooo many companies do this now, even the online versions of the big high street chains. And all for what must be a minor cost saving... Royal Mail's special delivery doesn't exactly break the bank.

Why don't mail order companies give a choice at checkout - cheap crappy courier service for £5 or RM Special delivery for £7 or whatever.

Leave a comment:

• BrowneIssue
    replied
    "There has been an attempt to deliver your order on 31/01/08 @ 12:25" - no there wasn't I was here, "Door Description: WHITE Carded Time: 12:25 LOG: 5164038 (HSC 45020) 12:32" - the door is brown and there's no card.
    It's the weather.

The driver (possibly every driver) will have carded EVERYONE today because the weather was too bad to make it worth going out.

An old trick for making sure they don't miss service level targets.

There will be a queue outside the CityLink office all the way to Gloucester.

Leave a comment:

• rootsnall
    replied
    I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.
    Once you are rattled trying to complain is a very bad idea. Remember we live in a super efficient world of private enterprise were nothing much works properly and there is stuff all you can do about it.

Leave a comment:

• Wilmslow
    replied
    Yeah they're not great. But I would pay the extra for the convenience of having it there and then.

No much gets to me, but I am feeling quite angry about this. I think it's the suggestion that it's my fault for not being in. I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.
    Get it sent to your work address??

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I wouldn't be at all surprised if the delivery driver couldn't be arsed to turn up but is claiming that he actually did. It's happened to me (thank you British Gas, you chiselling barstewards), so I suggest you make a fuss about it.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Worst of all I'm now expected to go to the depot to collect it (assuming I can without a card), and that's in Kiddiminster - 60 miles away FFS.
    Only like 30 mins at your speed of driving

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
    Never have what I am looking for and when they do it's always way more than online/curry's etc etc
    Yeah they're not great. But I would pay the extra for the convenience of having it there and then.

No much gets to me, but I am feeling quite angry about this. I think it's the suggestion that it's my fault for not being in. I'd complain to somebody, but I doubt it'll make much difference.

Leave a comment:

• oracleslave
    replied
    Maplins
    Never have what I am looking for and when they do it's always way more than online/curry's etc etc

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    I know it's considered old fashioned these days, but couldn't you have bought the same item from a physical person in a physical shop closer to home ?
    Actually I had a look in Maplins and Currys yesterday, and they didn't quite have what I wanted so went with ebuyer instead.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Just got a card through the door telling me CityLink have an unexpected parcel for me at their Kidderminster depot!

Can't wait to get over there and find out what it is

Leave a comment:

• spoons
    replied
    So I bought something from Ebuyer yesterday. I rearranged things so I could be at home today to wait for CityLink, and I haven't left the house all day.

I've just got an email: "There has been an attempt to deliver your order on 31/01/08 @ 12:25" - no there wasn't I was here, "Door Description: WHITE Carded Time: 12:25 LOG: 5164038 (HSC 45020) 12:32" - the door is brown and there's no card.

Worst of all I'm now expected to go to the depot to collect it (assuming I can without a card), and that's in Kiddiminster - 60 miles away FFS.

CityLink are rubbish, but from what I understand they are cheap which kind of explains it!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X