• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

alcohol, violence and pikeys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucifer Box View Post
    Apart from the amount of money you make.
    This might change next month, though reaching Google level of sales might be a tad difficult...

Comment

I read a story a few years ago about Rangers fans who would get pi55ed for a few days, go to a match on a Saturday, get into a fight so they got arrested, had free bed and board for a few days, get released just in time to pick up their giro so they could get pi55ed for a few days... ad infinitum.

Tough on crime aren’t we.
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

how about raising the drinking age to 21?
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
          how about raising the drinking age to 21?
          Education, not legislation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            This might change next month
            I hope so. I will be up in Birmingham in May sometime and would like a free pint for being generally supportive.

Comment

I hope so. I will be up in Birmingham in May sometime and would like a free pint for being generally supportive.
              I will make it 2 pints if you bring some of your famous marmalade

Comment

I will make it 2 pints if you bring some of your famous marmalade
                I can hardly wait.

Can you still get Brew XI?

Comment

Can you still get Brew XI?
                  Have not tried it, but I think it is available in the "White Horse" - on local high street, they have very nice choice of ales, and evel alcohol free becks

Comment

Have not tried it, but I think it is available in the "White Horse" - on local high street, they have very nice choice of ales, and evel alcohol free becks
                    If they have nice ale, they won't have Brew XI. It was pretty much all that was available in pubs in the ale free wasteland that central Birmingham was when I was a young 'un. And the equally unpalatable Springfield bitter. Banks's was nice though.

Comment

I think I've seen that ale around, even though maybe it was Brew XII

Comment

Working...
                      X