• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How wealthy do you feel?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    Folks and especially Wilmslow....

consider this:

The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.
    Michelangelo

Milan.
    I like this. I don't have tons of money in my account right now but I'm investing huge amounts of time and energy into building my Ltd into a nice big asset that will remove the need for me to work in order to get paid.

It's just a matter of context really - do you have the context of someone who will trade their time for money until they retire or can you see yourself puttnig in extra time, energy and money learning how to become financially free and very wealthy?

I've made a decision to change from doing what I have to on terms that I don't want to (early mornings, commuting etc) to doing what I love and living life exactly how I want to.

I am not materially wealthy now although I get by OK but what I'm learning and doing makes me 'feel' very wealthy indeed
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I forgot how much it was likely to be. That's what my accountant is for. It's easy to look at your bank balance and think that it's all yours to do with as you wish.
      That isnt what your accountant is for at all. I never look at my business account and think its all there for me to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Marina View Post
        "setting our aim too high and falling short" would certainly be dangerous if you paint high ceilings. I guess the moral is to double-check the scaffolding, or use a very long brush.

P.S. Moderators, how many posts does a new poster need under their belt before they come off the "moderator approval" stage for each? This is getting ridiculous, and several of my posts have disappeared without trace!

<mod>You have not yet reached the higher plane. Newbie one liner posts are often deleted. Say something worthwhile to ensure approval. This one just scarped through.</mod>
        And being a mouthy cow ain't gonna' help either.

Comment

Where's the philosophical answer? All the options are to do with money. How low-brow.

Comment

Minted.

Nearly £1.5k a week on contract rates and I don't pay any rent or have any overheads

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
              Minted.

Nearly £1.5k a week on contract rates and I don't pay any rent or have any overheads
              Is it just me that thinks this is a bit of a poor show?

Comment

Minted.

At least I will not compete for the kind of contracts you do
                "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                  At least I will not compete for the kind of contracts you do
                  I don't know, a bit of training and you'll soon reach those dizzy heights!

Don't put yourself down all the time, reach for the stars!

Comment

Minted.

At the end of the day, though, you do still live at home.

ISTR your sister having a few choice words about the subject
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Less wealthy than I felt before 2pm this afternoon. I was in a pub with a potential business associate, and had my purse lifted from my bag. Thankfully, I only lost about £15 in cash and nothing has been spent on my credit cards. I'm just glad that it wasn't my handbag that was swiped which contained quite a lot of expensive gadgets, and the bag itself was a Mulberry.

Caught the bastard on CCTV though - the brazen git!

Comment

Working...
                      X