• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hdtv

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ASB View Post
    Do you happen to know if JL will price match to internet prices ? Cheapest price with a free 5 year thrown in would be great.

Cheapest price I have seen is 440 - but +75 delivery.
    I got them to price match with Empire Direct as they do have some retail outlets attached to their warehouses, I think there’s a form on the JL website somewhere, just fill it in and wait for a yes or no, I've heard varying degrees of success though.

Have a look on here for the latest deals people are getting. Be warned, it's bigger than TPD!
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I only considered Sony Bravia or Panasonic Viera when I bought mine, as thay seem to do the best in all the reviews that I've read.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        I only considered Sony Bravia or Panasonic Viera when I bought mine, as thay seem to do the best in all the reviews that I've read.
        I went with a Bravia.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          I went with a Bravia.
          I went Viera. But I only wanted a 32" screen or smaller, but 1080p which effectively gives a selection of one TV.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            Pioneer Kuro!!!!

Comment

I went with 50" Viera
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

LG 37LC55
                Tosh 37C3035
                Samsung LE37R87BDX
                Samsung Piano Black is very stylish (IMHO)

Comment

Mrs ASB has given me 38"/96.5 cm of wall space to play with. She won't have an inch more. This gives me the following initial shortlist:-

LG 37LC55
                  Tosh 37C3035
                  Samsung LE37R87BDX
                  I have this one Toshiba 37WLT68, it's been out longer than the Toshiba 37C3035 but has a slightly better spec (100Hz M mode, 3x HDMI etc) I can't fault it.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                    Samsung Piano Black is very stylish (IMHO)
                    In my view second only to the "picture frame" of the Toshiba 40xf355d. If I was going full hd I think I'd spend the 900 odd on this but it's pretty much 400 quid over the samsung.

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-PS42...1535720&sr=8-1

I've got the Samsung 42" 720p Plasma TV. Wasn't too impressed at first but after adjusting the colours, brightness and contrast it finally gave a very nice picture.
                      Can't fault it now, upscaling is pretty good (although the PS3 does is slightly better)
                      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                      X