• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dog leash Goths 'hounded off bus'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
    What is the appeal of being a goths, I just cant see anything in it. A goff women gets on my tube daily and she has a rucksack in the shape of a babies coffin, now personally I find that quite disturbing. You goths need to get out in sun get some colour in your cheeks and your wardrob

Goths are just sad lonely frightened kids that want to be noticed
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      Thats what I thought, or its just 'Geeks going wild' lol

Comment

"He said: "You wouldn't expect your cat or dog to do the washing up or cleaning round the house."

An interesting comment.....
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

What is the appeal of being a goths, I just cant see anything in it. A big fat goth women gets on my tube daily and she has a rucksack in the shape of a babies coffin, now personally I find that quite disturbing. You goths need to get out in sun get some colour in your cheeks and your wardrob black is so last year.
          Sorry mum.

What's the appeal of doing anything in life, apart from the fact that it gives the person doing it pleasure ?

she has a rucksack in the shape of a babies coffin
          LOL ! I've seen those and they are kinda cute. Obviously not every goth girl would want one, because, believe it or not, not all goth girls are the same.

You're totally within your rights and personal freedoms to find it personally disturbing.

The girl is totally within her rights and personal freedoms to wear a piece of clothing that does not wilfully break UK law.

Neither of you are doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law.

I saw a lady in a shop today wearing dungarees, sleeveless t-shirt, arms full of tatoos, crew cut brown hair with bleached tips.

I was offended too.

You can guess why can't you ?

Because I hate tattoos.

(You thought I was going to say because she was a lezza didn't you ?

However, whilst her apparel and style was indicative of a lesbian, it would be wrong to even think that she was a lesbian in the first place. )

I think you'll find that all kids are sad and lonely and frightened, courtesy of the world the adults have created for themelves and by virtue their children as well. Also, I tend to find that "wanting to be noticed" is a trait exhibited by all children, and most adults too.

Isn't this forum, and each post solicited upon it, a desire to seek attention at its most basic form ?
          Last edited by Board Game Geek; 25 January 2008, 02:27.
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            However, whilst her apparel and style was indicative of a lesbian, it would be wrong to even think that she was a lesbian in the first place.
            Why? People choose their clothes based on a number of factors, one of them often identity with a particular subculture. Sexual orientation is frequently communicated with fashion, so it would be a natural assumption to make. Obviously, acting on that assumption would be a faux pas.

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Isn't this forum, and each post solicited upon it, a desire to seek attention at its most basic form ?
            Maybe - but for me it's more of a community. I enjoy the virtual company here on the board, it takes the edge off the occasional bout of boredom.

Comment

I remember this story on the local news:

Woman attacked for being a goth dies.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...4/npark124.xml

Thought she was quite cute, certainly a waste of life.
              Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
              Feist - I Feel It All
              Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

The best t-shirt I ever did see: http://www.visualcandy.co.uk/prod_im...eer_b_tee1.gif

I quite like NIN and Aphex Twin... am I a goth in disguise?
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I like page 3 people judge me on that and its not fare . Anyway did you see the winner of Page 3 idol mmmmm nice

Comment

Originally posted by Bumfluff View Post
                    I like page 3 people judge me on that and its not fare . Anyway did you see the winner of Page 3 idol mmmmm nice
                    fair.

I heard the bloke being interviewed on the radio - said he's currently out of work but training to work with children
                    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
                      Is it normal to lead your girlfriend by a leash in Dewsbury, West Yorks?
                      You want the "Ask Beaker" thread.

HTH
                      Best Forum Advisor 2014
                      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                      X