• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interesting Facts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
    I like that one - reminds me of the Trachtenberg System.

No - One hundred and one.

I have this image of you sat at your desk counting...

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by daviejones View Post
      The percentage of Africa that is wilderness: 28% (now get this...)

The percentage of North America that is wilderness: 38%
      Yeah, right. That's because places that Americans call "wilderness", Africans call "affluent suburbs".

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        Yeah, right. That's because places that Americans call "wilderness", Africans call "affluent suburbs".
        Possibly...
        "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Believable actually when you consider Greenland is 3 times the size of Texas and so sparsely populated.

Comment

probably old...

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David

Hearts - Charlemagne

Clubs -Alexander, the Great

Diamonds - Julius Caesar
            The conventional pics in standard western playing cards are stylized representations of early 16th century European monarchs and consorts, e.g. Hearts is Henry VIII, and the kings of France and Spain at the time are a couple of the others. I forget which is which.

Comment

....but have you tried licking your elbow?
              Of course I did, what do you take me for, a gullible fool? I even stuck my tongue out despite being in the certain knowledge it would not help at all.

Reminds me of a place in Australia I once visited that was full of some sort of tricks that I don’t recall now, except one. It was a mirror beside which were written some (true) facts related to how a part of the population can’t curl their tongues and other tongue-curling trivia. Anyway about 20 min later along the exhibits you end up almost back by the tongue thing again, but in a corridor behind. It was in fact a two-way mirror and you get to see the most disgusting views of people peering into a mirror doing the most graphic tongue curdling antics that you might ever wish to see.
              Last edited by TimberWolf; 23 January 2008, 10:59.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Believable actually when you consider Greenland is 3 times the size of Texas and so sparsely populated.
                The surface area of the Moon is about that of Africa, I think. I can't be arsed to verify it.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Every time I get that I try to lick my elbow.... I just need my tongue to be a tiny bit longer and I reckon, I could do it....
                  How about licking your knees ...

What, what's wrong with that?
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar?? - cailin maith

Any forum is a collection of assorted weirdos, cranks and pervs - Board Game Geek

That will be a simply fab time to catch up for a beer. - Tay

Have you ever seen somebody lick the chutney spoon in an Indian Restaurant and put it back ? - Cyberghoul

Comment

Originally posted by snaw View Post
                    How about licking your knees ...

What, what's wrong with that?
                    ' Course I can lick my knees..... not sure I would want to.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                      ' Course I can lick my knees..... not sure I would want to.
                      Roll up roll up, get your tickets here to watch Cailin Maith attempt to lick herself all over. An absolute bargain at only £100 a head (don't worry CM I'll split the profits 50-50 with you).

Will she reach her elbow?? what about her Knee?? Surely she can manage her feet?? Where else will her tongue go??

Roll up, roll up these beuties are selling out fast, grab them while you can!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X