• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What justification is needed for a pickup truck?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HYpno27 View Post
    I think ok to have, but...

They don't have to pass the same tests as cars on safety, and so most of them fold up like baked bean cans if you hit anything more solid than a jelly and leave you needing to be cut out leaving your legs below the knees somewhere in the twisted metal

I see it on the telly it must be true
    Yes, I was put off the Nissan

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
      Yes, I was put off the Nissan
      I think it might be all of them. You could always get a Ford F50 import. If you're going to do it go the whole hog

Comment

Ffs

Instead of living in a house, why don't you rough it in tent to save a few bob?

Just buy a proper car and pay mileage. A lot nicer than rough old pickup.

Comment

Just run the benefits by me again.
          If it is a company wehicle and the company pays petrol.

Try these for comfort.

http://www.internationaltrucks.com/p...002101010aRCRD

or a Dodge ram 3500.
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
            Just run the benefits by me again.
            If it is a company wehicle and the company pays petrol.

Try these for comfort.

http://www.internationaltrucks.com/p...002101010aRCRD

or a Dodge ram 3500.
            Whoa mama!

"For those who prefer not to make a subtle entrance.

When people see you driving an International® MXT™, they don't forget it. They look up from their tricked out SUVs, and realize they don’t have the coolest ride on the street anymore. They're even more jealous when you press your foot down and let the force of 300 horsepower leave them in awe of what they just witnessed.

And while you’re savoring all the attention, you'll be relishing in the lush comfort of the spacious interior. Features like touch-screen CD/DVD radio, GPS navigation, ivory-faced sport gauges and leather seats make you question whether it looks better from the inside or from the street.

Starting at $125,000 the MXT Limited will be available in the Summer of 2007
            "

Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
              Whoa mama!

"For those who prefer not to make a subtle entrance.

When people see you driving an International® MXT™, they don't forget it. They look up from their tricked out SUVs, and realize they don’t have the coolest ride on the street anymore. They're even more jealous when you press your foot down and let the force of 300 horsepower leave them in awe of what they just witnessed.

And while you’re savoring all the attention, you'll be relishing in the lush comfort of the spacious interior. Features like touch-screen CD/DVD radio, GPS navigation, ivory-faced sport gauges and leather seats make you question whether it looks better from the inside or from the street.

Starting at $125,000 the MXT Limited will be available in the Summer of 2007
              "

300 horsepower?

That doesn't seem that much. Less than a Range Rover.

Comment

I worked with a guy who had a Ford F150 Lightning SVT. It could out accelerate a Boxter which is not bad considering the size of the thing. It's 5.4 V8 supercharged lump would be just a little too expensive to run over here though.
                Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
                  I worked with a guy who had a Ford F150 Lightning SVT. It could out accelerate a Boxter which is not bad considering the size of the thing. It's 5.4 V8 supercharged lump would be just a little too expensive to run over here though.
                  Not great at corners either I'd imagine
                  Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Instead of living in a house, why don't you rough it in tent to save a few bob?

Just buy a proper car and pay mileage. A lot nicer than rough old pickup.
                    I can do that too apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Hiram King Of Tyre View Post
                      How strong a justification do you need to get a company pickup truch as a company vehicle? Anybody know?

It looks like it could be more cost effective than using a private car at 25p/mile or a 120g green car. Why is green cheaper than any other colour anyway?
                      Only justification is that you live in Utah, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                      X