• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

religion

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair point.

I suppose it's their knee-jerk reaction to supporting minorities by penalising majorities. All in the interest of fairness.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Can you imagine what it would be like though, to end up in the after life and find the heads of each of the major religions lined up in front of you.

You walk up to your chosen deity, the one you have spent your life beliving in and worshipping. You walk up to them and say "Here I am Lord, I followed you and worshipped you all my life now admit me to paradise!"

They look at you with a smile and pull out a piece of folded card which they open and show to you. On it is written one word.

"Bluff"

*Not original I know but funny non-the-less. Well I thought so anyway. Bugger the rest of you if you don't, see if I care. You'll all be blown away in the coming of the great white hankerchief anyway!
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        Can you imagine what it would be like though, to end up in the after life and find the heads of each of the major religions lined up in front of you.
        Except of course, that the monotheists would know immediately that it had all gone pear shaped.

Though I'd imagine in such a scenario, the "heads" would all get together and utterly duff up the atheists and agnostics. ( And anyone who'd tried the old Pascal Wager ).
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

A case in point: http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...offensive.html

Our fairy stories seem to be getting the PC treatment.
          Cant have Black sheep. Cant have pigs. Where will this madness end?
          I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
          Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Is that true?

Sure it wasn't Welsh?
            No in North Wales the signs are now in three languages, Welsh Then English, Then Polish
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
            X