• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice needed on good insurer for new expensive home furniture items

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
    Who do you think you are? threaded?
    +1. He is.

Comment

Originally posted by moorfield View Post
      Sorry, but how does a bed cost £6600 ???? Explain ...
      It's got gold bedknobs.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
        It's got gold bedknobs.
        And you say "the lady loves it"
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

I'd like to know what sort of spec that £5400 computer is? I can't think of much to put in it that would knock it above £3000 and we are talking silly things like triple GFX cards all water cooled and physics cards etc to get it that high...

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
            I'd like to know what sort of spec that £5400 computer is? I can't think of much to put in it that would knock it above £3000 and we are talking silly things like triple GFX cards all water cooled and physics cards etc to get it that high...
            Only £5,400? Bloody pauper couldn’t afford one of these, a bit excessive for the odd game of counterstrike me thinks.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
              £10k of train set
              CUK Geek of the Week

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by eliquant View Post
                bought 1 x £6,600 bed
                bought 1 x £5,300 sofa
                bought 1 x £5,400 computer
                bought 1 x £3,000 sofa bed
                bought 5 x £5,000 (total) chairs
                I never knew such poverty existed. A sofa bed? Why didn't you just buy a flat with enough bedrooms? Cheapskate.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Advice needed on good insurer for new expensive home home furniture items and electrical items.

Ok here it is moved into my flat 1 year ago in the last few months purchased:

bought 1 x £6,600 bed
                  bought 1 x £5,300 sofa
                  bought 1 x £5,400 computer
                  bought 1 x £3,000 sofa bed
                  bought 5 x £5,000 (total) chairs

I have the receipts for all of these items.

So I called Nationwide this Saturday morning asking to see whether or not I would have to extend my cover and/or declare these items as luxury expensive items so that their full amount would be covered and not only the first £1,000 of each item.

The woman I spoke to who actually dealt with Home Insurance only was totally clueless, she didn't seem to know whether or not my existing £21,000 insurance amount (which I want to extend) will even cover these items at all or only up to £1,000 on each item or for the full amount.

I would assume that you simply designate these items as luxury items which are over £1,000 in value and insure them individually (as I already have done with an item I through away 2 months ago) but she didn't seem to have any idea !

She fobbed me off basically and I am cheesed off.

So in your wisdome do you have any good recommendations for an home insurance company that knows what its doing and can actually insure home furniture / electrical items that are up to £7,000 ????

AXA insurance are they any good ?

thanks in advance
                  Thanks for propping up the economy during 06 and 07. If you can please spend spend spend in 08 without borrowing, Brown will be very grateful.

Comment

Guys it includes the matress which cost £1000.

I think that I can understand the 1000 quid mattress (mine cost 250 pounds and all it is is a roll of foam, albeit a high quality roll of foam).

Its the 4 and half grand for the rest I don't get.

tim

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                      Only £5,400? Bloody pauper couldn’t afford one of these, a bit excessive for the odd game of counterstrike me thinks.
                      WTF?? Only 2Gb memory and 1 GFX Card????

I have more memory in my box... and I have the same main hard drives and my box was well under £1000.

I can't belive anybody would buy that....

Comment

Working...
                      X