• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Do you enjoy working in the IT industry?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self-motivation

This is what most people (inc. some here) are lacking. Whatever motivates you in life should be enough to keep you going. It won't come from your job or the money it brings but from you setting goals and targets in life, then applying your talents in achieving them. What motivates a Premier League multi-millionaire footballer to become even better? Another target for an IT contractor, is say, if you want to retire in 10 years and need say £ 1m, then you should ensure that you put away on average £ 100k/year. Self-motivation is to be able to get up first thing in the morning and look forward to another day's work. For this, it's pretty obvious that you should like what you do. Less whingeing also helps. Blimey!
    Last edited by Dow Jones; 18 January 2008, 13:31. Reason: typo

Comment

Rah rah! Dow Jones are you also this much of a tosser in real life?

Or is this just great trolling?
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

In your opinion (again)

I've seen you coming up with all sorts of drivel lately but I haven't bothered to reply in such a way. Once again, it is your (insignificant) opinion

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Just keep him entertained until the men in white coats arrive.

Comment

Buddies

You two should get together (you so like each other)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post

Credit where credits due.

DJ has more than earned his moniker of board t0sser

Comment

It pays better than anything else I fancied doing. Plumbers have to stick their hands in Tulip,Chippies & Brickies have to work in the rain. Doctors etc have to take some real responsibility.

I sit in a nice warm office totty all around and play with computers.

Ill take the cash. - where is the 'Show me the money' smilie?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X