• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fahrenheit 451

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The irony of 1984 is that the author was ratting on communist sympathisers in the UK.

Comment

Can't reread it coz I burnt all my books after reading it the last time.

Excellent book
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Ray Bradbury. (See, my memory still functions despite age* and vodka) Read that, excellent book. 1984 and that erm that other one er er.

*Note: 23
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Prompt, prompt.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            I came across an article in the property press that suggested that estate agents were advising sellers that books in properties put buyers off because they were "old-fashioned".
            When we bought our house in 1999 we looked at a place in Walton that had books everywhere - shelves, stacked on the floor, in the loft.

The estate agent caught me looking at the books and muttered "Why would anyone live like this?"

I wanted to put in an offer for the place as long as we got the books too. But the family of the deceased refused. There were some real beauties there.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
              Prompt, prompt.
              "WE" by Yamyatin (sp?) the Russian?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
                When we bought our house in 1999 we looked at a place in Walton that had books everywhere - shelves, stacked on the floor, in the loft.

The estate agent caught me looking at the books and muttered "Why would anyone live like this?"

I wanted to put in an offer for the place as long as we got the books too. But the family of the deceased refused. There were some real beauties there.

That's my kinda house ....
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  That's my kinda house ....
                  You should live in a glasshouse...

Comment

I re-read "The Stolen Bacillus" this morning. As a result I blame H.G. Wells for inspiring Al Qaeda so he should be beheaded.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                      Never read it so can't comment.
                      Are you the person who rings up those phone-ins to choose option 3?

"Press 1 for Yes.
                      Press 2 for No.
                      Press 3 for Don't know."
                      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Working...
                      X