• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeremy Clarkson

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
    A mis-spelling of INANE (where did that extra A come from???)
    Didn't you put it in? I blame the little people.....
    "If you can read this, thank a teacher....and since it's in English, thank a soldier"

Comment

Ten years back nuclear was damned as being expensive, especially considering the decommisioning and waste disposal cost. One suspects the economics of the argument must have changed a great deal since then. I would look forward to seeing the government figures if government figures were ever anything but lies.

In favour myself, nature is very tolerant of radiation and a few Chernobyls will not be a long term problem for the world. Big fuss over nothing, provided the wind is not blowing my way of course.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        ... me old man worked for TNPC and designed a lot of the reactors currently in use and his view is don't go near them especially CO2 cooled reactors ...
        My dad worked for Fairey who had to build the things. He often came home of an evening complaining about the short fallings of the designs.

Comment

released an estimated 750 terabecquerels (TBq) (20,000 curies) of radioactive material
          ...for the youngsters who may not be aware of the rebranding....that sounds a lot!!
          Not really. About 400g of Cobalt-60... or 15'000 tonnes of Uranium-238.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
            My dad worked for Fairey who had to build the things. He often came home of an evening complaining about the short fallings of the designs.
            That's fine. When the engineers stop complaining, that's when you become worried.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              Not really. About 400g of Cobalt-60... or 15'000 tonnes of Uranium-238.
              And 7 gramms of Po-210. Oh, 6.99 actually.

Comment

released an estimated 750 terabecquerels (TBq) (20,000 curies) of radioactive material
                How much as released by Chernobyl?

Is it true that Atw was born at Chernobyl?

Comment

Actually most of Denmarks power is nuclear. Although Denmark being Denmark they are nuclear free (although they do have a little one). If you cannot get your head around such concepts then you'll never understand the environmentalists position.

threaded in "sound of one hand clapping" mode
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Ten years back nuclear was damned as being expensive, especially considering the decommisioning and waste disposal cost. One suspects the economics of the argument must have changed a great deal since then. I would look forward to seeing the government figures if government figures were ever anything but lies.
                    The Sunday Times coverage made the point that the new reactors will produce far less waste, and we have to deal with the waste from the old ones anyway. I think the figure they gave was something like that a new generation of reactors would just mean the waste storage would have to be 10% bigger than is already necessary.

Comment

I don't know why everybody's all upset by nuclear power when conventional power stations do this sort of thing:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/o...re/7188479.stm

That's the sort of thing the eco-mentalists should be opposing, and I'd support them, not blithering on about carbon emissions.
                      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                      X