• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know you've spent too long on CUK when...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denny View Post
    Your new PM introduces themseves as Denny and you break out into a sweat and don't dare to refer to recruiters as 'agencies' just in case it's me.
    I'd exercise my Right to Substitution and run
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

you think it is ok to spank everyone....
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

You drive past the Golden Tulip Hotel and can't help but snigger
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
          You start to look for smilies to add to your work e-mails and they aren't there!
          At the risk of being serious, it does frustrate me that I can't use all the forum-stylee smilies in emails.

Isn't it about time email had a makeover?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by beaker View Post
            You start to look for smilies to add to your work e-mails and they aren't there!
            I actually do that!!!

How very very sad
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              At the risk of being serious, it does frustrate me that I can't use all the forum-stylee smilies in emails.

Isn't it about time email had a makeover?
              Indeed - typing :wave: and :emb in an email doesn't quite convey the same meaning!
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                Indeed - typing :wave: and :emb in an email doesn't quite convey the same meaning!
                It’s interesting that English didn’t come with more emoticons built in than just the ? and ! characters. And yet someone went to a lot of trouble creating a new alphabet of uppercase characters, seemingly for no good reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Yup, I saw a set of tulip place mats while out shopping with the Mrs today, she did not understand why I laughed, exclaiming "Why would anyone want tulip on their table?" Too much to explain so think she is on the phone to the nut house as we speak.
                  my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Sorry to wander off topic ... but ...

Last January I attended a residential course in the Golden Tulip Hotel that is opposite the Manchester footie ground. They now call it the Tulip Inn, Manchester.

On day 4 I got food poisoning. I complained but they weren't interested and day 5 of my damned expensive course was a write-off for me.

So in my opinion, the Tulip Inn, Manchester is correctly named. It is indeed tulip.
                    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Worse than that, you are asked to come up with suggestions for a name for an ill-conceived new project and want to suggest Tulip.
                      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                      X